Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Cost Engineer to join our team in Reading on an agency basis. In this role you will be responsible for providing a complete Cost Engineering service to both project and corporate management for Proposal and Project Operations either as part of a large project team or covering all Cost Engineering aspects on smaller projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Establishing project requirements, in conjunction with other cost engineers, with regards to scope of services, organisation and job specific procedures and cost reporting
- Maintaining close liaison with client personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential problem areas
- Degree or HNC / HND preferred, ideally in an engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included
- A proven cost engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries preferred.
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Fully conversant with: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.