The role is designed for supporting and leading the delivery of activities carried out by the US Manage Direct Tax team. This is individual contributor role requiring responsibilities as a reviewer & preparation of tax returns (complex tax returns) of certain material legal entities. It also provides a very good exposure towards stakeholder management as well as Direct tax compliance and Group reporting.
The candidate should be open to move/deployed flexibly between, State, Audit, Federal - Upstream and Federal - Downstream roles. More specifically, the accountabilities include the following: Business/process responsibilities and metrics:
Team engagement planning and supporting:
- Deliver on time and accurate tax reports, returns and payments for migrated activity and tax provision for all businesses in various tax jurisdictions [State, Federal] and adherence to the managerial metrics of the process;
Understand and operate various tax provisioning/compliance tools
- Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and enable incorporation of such changes and in the process as may be relevant
- Co-ordinate/support for tax audits as well as support for resolving all audit queries
- Provide steer and oversight for updation and maintenance of Key tax assumptions and Work Instructions & Training framework to reduce time to delivery to optimal levels (typically 3 months)
- Lead and manage and transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities.
- Support continuous professional development and good practices in MDT with positive attitude towards building digital skillsets
- Proactively supporting Sr Tax Leads in engagement with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed into processes as relevant
- Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers
- Support in ensuring clear roles and responsibilities and compliance with segregation of duties/authorities across team
- Contributing in planning of staffing vis-a-vis work assignments/projects/cross team projects etc. in an optimal manner and evaluate resourcing requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Continuous focus on improvement opportunities (ESSA) in process & content, identify & actions opportunities to reduce complexity, promote best practices on digital acceleration, provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence
- Pursue identification & implementation of CI project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets.
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution
- Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity
- Best practices provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence
Skills and Requirements:
- Business/process responsibilities and metrics
- CI responsibilities
- Team management, engagement planning and resourcing
- Stakeholder management
- Prior US State Tax /Federal-Downstream Tax/Federal-Upstream Tax/Federal - Corporate, Trading, International Tax/US MDT - IRS Audit will be helpful.
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body with >5 years' broad professional experience. Work experience of migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms would be preferable. Alternatively, Bachelors / master's in finance degree with >8 years' broad professional experience out of which minimum 6 years of experience in migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms.
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems used in US MDT viz. SODA, STAR, Corp Tax, Long View, FedState, etc. will be preferred with excellent MS Office skills.
- Good understanding of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Effective influencing skills and communicator of complex tax compliance issues; both written and oral.