Where you fit in
Data Architecture ensures that the business value of IT solutions and of enterprise data is maximized by applying knowledge of the business needs and opportunities, the business processes, the existing portfolio of IT applications, and the current and emerging technology and IT service capabilities, but most of all, the actual data used by all of these. They support and enable the execution of the Strategy and Plans for the Portfolio of applications.
The individual in this position is responsible for the delivery, consultancy, and assurance for Data Architecture in selected business portfolio or sub-portfolio, and for assisting with planning, coordinating, and steering any resources that are required to do so. The assignment of portfolio will be Global Functions Finance, but it may change, usually within one of the following areas: Global Functions, Downstream, Upstream and P&T/subsurface.What's the role?
As a Data Architect, you will be expected to work the relationship angle as well as "be the designer". This involves managing relationships with key stakeholders like the Data Management, Information & Data Definition Owners, business facing DV, Competency Centre managers, IDTMs, business analysts, business process Owners, Programme and Project Managers, and other Architects (solution/enterprise).
Additional accountabilities are as follows:
What we need from you
- Drive the development and maintenance of the data architecture artifacts according to the data architecture standards, for any and all solution or segment architecture, including roadmap, data models, mastership, and utilization for the data within the business.
- Work closely with Solution Architects to provide guidance and steer on solution design, ensuring that the required enterprise data architecture artifacts are in place to support projects, and that Dynamic Solution Intent (DSI) data artifacts are in line with strategy and of high quality.
- Contribute to maintenance and updating of the relevant models in the Shell Business Information Model (BIM).
- Support opportunity framing activities to ensure the right approach to projects is taken from the earliest moment.
- Identify, propose, and implement data model and data integration changes and improvements, including decommissioning systems and master data management solutions, data services.
As a Data Architect, you should have the following skills/qualifications:
- Deliverable-oriented with focus on results. Doer/hands-on attitude.
- Organized and methodical. Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan though coping with a level of uncertainty and risk.
- Rigorous, thorough and with a taste for detail.
- Experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong background of data analysis and design.
- Experienced, global, virtual team worker
- Leadership & negotiating skills and ability to drive change using influence and networking
- Ability to build a shared vision and able to communicate well
- Knowledge of all architecture aspects and keen to stay up to date with key developments in IT - affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, applications, infrastructure, security, ...)
- Knowledge of E-R modelling and data modelling tooling
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture tooling
- Knowledge of SAP solutions (ECC6.0, S/4HANA, MDG etc.)
- Experience of SAP PowerDesigner and Bizzdesign Enterprise Studio/Horizzon
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.