Where you fit:
Trading and Supply manages the end-to-end fuels supply chain for Shell, including the final delivery to our end customers (Retail sites and B2B Customers). This final leg of the fuels supply chain is managed within the Order to Delivery (OtD) team, where the fuels deliveries are planned, and interruptions to this delivery process are managed with our customers. As the Order to Delivery (OtD) Scheduling Support, you will take on an exciting challenge of supporting our business by communicating and working closely with our drivers, hauliers, customers, Customer Service Centre (CSC) and Scheduling teams to perform amendments to the schedule during its execution, manage customer enquiries and process urgent orders for the OtD activities in countries such as Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.
Through your customer service, supply chain or logistics skills, which you might have gained in a different role in your previous/current experience, you will be expected to support the OtD team in the Kuala Lumpur SBO in their Continuous Improvement / LEAN journey to drive improved customer service and cost efficiency through working with our Operational teams to provide high quality of service to key customers through effective communications, value-adding interactions and efficient issue resolution through phone, fax or email .
The OtD team has a significant influence on the satisfaction of our customers. The team needs to work closely with the Class Of Business (Retail; Commercial Fuels; etc.) teams, along with the Offer to Cash (OtC) community, to ensure that plans and actions are aligned to flawless delivery of our customer offers. Your team's performance in this area is key to preserving and improving our reputation, and therefore our customer base.
The OtD team takes the lead in the optimization of the road transport activity, ensuring that the delivery plans make use of our assets in the optimal way, resulting in the lowest delivery cost. The OtD team works closely with the local Road Transport and Facilities (Terminals) teams in both medium-term planning and also the day to day execution of the plan. In order to do this well, you need to have a good logical brain, and an ability to understand where creative solutions can be explored further to develop real tangible benefits to the business.
Finally, the OtD team in KL is proud to be a part of the S&D LEAN Accelerator Program, which is actively driving a transformation to running our operations in a LEAN way, underpinned by an active Continuous Improvement culture. The OtD teams are seen to be at the cutting edge of LEAN development in the Downstream, and so continuing to drive this change, and develop CI/LEAN capability is an essential part of this role. This gives you, the OtD Scheduling Support, an opportunity for huge personal development and growth in this area as well the chance to share what you know with your team and colleagues. What's the role?:
- Represents a professional customer focused image of Shell to the public
- Identifies opportunities to improve the customer experience for key customers
- Handles a range of first line customer enquiries within the agreed processes and ways of working
- Takes ownership for the end-to-end customer enquiry which may require engaging other partners across the service chain
- Acts to resolve customer enquiries during the first contact with the customer (live resolution)
- Pro-actively keeps key customers informed throughout the contact management process
- Records and follow up all key customer contacts in customer facing systems for the service accredited
- Primary contact point for the hauliers to advise truck drivers of necessary amendments to plan
- Manage deviation from plan, i.e. process in GSAP any post schedule amendments to the shift: Left on board, plant/depot change, load quantity changes, compartment changes, trip sequence change, vehicle change, orders scheduled not delivered
- Receive urgent order requests and create urgent orders within framework of delivery promise. Provide feedback of changes to planned shipments to schedulers and scheduling admin team, particularly to Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) customers
- Handle customer enquiries to change/amend orders, evaluate the real need and feasibility for scheduling changes, and liaise with scheduling team where appropriate. Ensure any Special Instructions noted on the orders have been processed
- Initiate surcharges for Left on Board and urgent orders to the customers. Investigate and resolve customer complaints. Ensure documentation and filing is accurate, up to date and accessible
- Managing the multiple interfaces with business partners (COB), customers and within Trading and Supply (T&S) and driving Enterprise First decision making.
- Correctly apply the general rules for processing exceptions
- Assess/handle unplanned issues arising from delivery/system constraints
- Continuously rotating shift system to provide 7 days per week support (8 working hours per shift, 5 days per week), including Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
- Working Hours (KL Time): 7:00AM - 4:00PM / 2:00PM - 11:00PM / 10:00PM - 7:00AM - Shift Allowance applicable
- As a part of the Trading and Supply LEAN Accelerator program it is expected that the OtD Scheduling Support continues the change to a LEAN culture and way of working.
- University degree preferably in logistic/ supply chain or any related background.
- Fresh graduates with interest in the role are welcome to apply
- Soft skills required: Attention to detail, analytical approach to problems, ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- Technical skills: Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Work hours: Must be willing to work flexible shifts (mid or night). Must be willing to render overtime especially during month-end.
- Good English language skills (speak, read & write)
- Priority setting in a hectic operational environment
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.