COMPANY/CLIENT: Puglisevich on behalf of Odfjell Drilling
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader/Chief Engineer and Assistant Technical Section Leader/Second Engineer
SALARY RANGE: $117,000.00 - $130,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical/Dental Benefits, Travel Insurance), Foreign Service Premium (appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, Hercules
ROTATION: 28/28 in NL
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 5-6 Months
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Two (2)JOB SUMMARY:
Welder is responsible for welding repair work, modifications, and fabrication. PRE-REQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- 3+ year's experience as a Welder on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- Journeyperson Welder or Equivalent
- CWB Welding Certificate
- Safety Training Courses: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Standard First Aid, Well Control Level 1, Security Awareness, WHMIS, Regulatory Awareness
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Repair, fabricate or modify as required for the maintenance of the rig and to secure its operation.
- Keep the work area, welding tools and parts clean and in good repair.
- Order, through the immediate superior, any necessary materials and tools within own area of responsibility.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his/her superior.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Odfjell Drilling to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Requirements Position Welder Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.