Currently looking for temporary Roustabout for KCA Deutag Drilling Canada Inc. working on the Hebron platform Start off temporary with the potential of becoming full time/rotational positionREPORTS TO:
Pipe Deck Coordinator, Driller or Assistant Driller SUPERVISES:
Hebron Platform LOCATION:
Offshore Newfoundland, Canada TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Temporary/Ad Hoc JOB SUMMARY:
Taking instruction and assisting in all drilling activities as directed by Pipe Deck Coordinator, Driller, Assistant Driller and Derrick man as required. Maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping and relieving Floor hands on drill floor as required PRE-REQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Eager to learn and a go-getter with strong work ethic
- Ability to work well with others
- Structured and organized mindset
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Previous labour work experience considered an asset
- Required Training: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, WHMIS, Standard First Aid, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Rigging, Slinging and Banksman
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Assist in the drilling, service and completion process as directed by supervisors and as required by client.
- When properly qualified and as required, relieve Floor hands during drill floor activities.
- Perform the duties diligently and as required and instructed by Supervisor
- Assist in rig up / down and transportation of equipment to/from the pipe deck.
- Assist as directed in maintenance and inspection of rig equipment.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are cleaned, serviced and properly stored in good condition.
- Keep the DSM and Pipe deck, derrick substructure and associated areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Assist in picking up and laying out of tools and equipment to / from the Rig Floor
- Attend and conduct relevant toolbox talks as directed and required.
- Assist with rig up/down BOP equipment and wellhead equipment as required and directed by supervisor.
- When properly qualified and as required, perform relevant work in the shaker area, including changeover of shaker screens as directed by Mud Engineer.
- Participate in scheduled and nonschedule work area inspections.
- Actively participate during tool box talks and TRIC card completion
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Roustabout (Offshore NL) Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.