COMPANY/CLIENT: Puglisevich on behalf of Odfjell Drilling
REPORTS TO: Engine Room Operator/Third Class
SALARY RANGE: $87,000.00 - $96,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical/Dental Benefits, Travel Insurance), Foreign Service Premium (appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, Hercules
ROTATION: 28/28 in NL
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 5-6 Months
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Four (4)JOB SUMMARY:
Motorman is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the mechanical equipment. PRE-REQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- 1-2+ years experience as a Motorman on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- Canadian Engine Room Rating or STCW Equivalent
- Safety Training Courses: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Standard First Aid, Well Control Level 1, Security Awareness, WHMIS, Regulatory Awareness
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Maintain equipment within his/her area of responsibility so as to meet operational goals pertaining to maintenance and repairs by:
- Complying with proper maintenance procedures in accordance with valid maintenance program
- Performing daily maintenance.
- Assist Engine Room Operator and Mechanic in the maintenance work.
- Have in-depth knowledge about:
- transfer and receipt of diesel, water, and lubricating oil
- oil, air, and water systems
- operation of pumps, compressors, and other machines
- hydraulic, diesel and electricity.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his/her superior.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Odfjell Drilling to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Requirements Position Motorman/Engine Room Rating Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.