NOW HIRING FOR INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES DEPARTMENT
: Marine SUPERVISES:
N/A JOB SUMMARY: O
perate the DP system and the VMS (where applicable) under the direct supervision of a certified DPO PREREQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Canadian Watchkeeping Mate (Unlimited) License, or STCW equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on a DP 6th Generation Semi-Submersible
- Valid Nautical Institute DP (Unlimited) Certificate
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- STCW Basic Safety Training, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Fire Fighting, First Aid
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the rig
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
- Operate dynamic positioning equipment under the direction of a certified DPO
- Operate and understand the ballast control system, Power Management System and fire and gas systems
- Maintain the rig in a stable condition and at the correct draft and trim
- Assist in the setup of the DP system operational parameters
- Ensure that all DP system data are recorded
- Advise the Driller and Chief Mate of potential position loss
- Assist in performing Preventive Maintenance on DP equipment
- Assist with running and maintaining records for hydrophones and subsea beacons
- Make regular use of the onboard simulator, where available
- Stand navigation watch as authorized by the individual's license
- Manage the deck crews, working outside with them as required
- Assist Chief Mate with deck operations as required
- Operate vessel's radios as required
- Operate vessel's radars as required
- Perform emergency duties and responsibilities as stated on the Station Bill, DP Emergency Response Plan and vessel specific Emergency Response Manual
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process
- Assist in training of crewmembers in firefighting, safety and deck operations
- Other duties as required.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Requirements Position DPO - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.