No start date for this position Updating database for future opportunitiesDEPARTMENT
: Marine SUPERVISES:
Assistant Crane Operator and Roustabout JOB SUMMARY:
Operate the rigs crane in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance to Company Policies and Procedures. Regularly perform Preventative Maintenance on cranes and components PREREQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience as a Crane Operator on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Valid Crane Operator Stage 3
- Valid Rigging Slinging Banksman
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
- Provide Roustabouts with relevant instructions for current and forthcoming operations.
- Partake in pre-tour meeting prior to all non-routine deck operations.
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use, i.e. slings, straps, shackles, wire ropes, etc.
- Ensure lifted loads are clear of obstructions, balanced, and properly secured with tag lines.
- Operate the crane as required for running casing/riser, picking up or laying down tubular, placement of equipment and supplies, etc.
- Operate the crane as required for transferring personnel and materials to and from supply boats.
- Notify the supervisor prior to lifting or transferring heavy equipment or materials that may affect the rig's stability.
- Assist during rig moves and anchor running and retrieving operations as directed.
- Assist with the replacement and installation of mooring lines and bulk fill lines.
- Perform safety inspection on gauges, indicators, limit switches, cables, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems in cranes.
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance tasks on the cranes and components equipment. Maintain log of all maintenance records.
- Ensure decks and work area are organized for efficient and safe operation.
- Assist in keeping a running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use. Inform supervisor of shortages or damaged slings.
- Assist the Subsea department in the running and retrieval of BOPs and auxiliary equipment.
- Assist third party service personnel in picking up and moving equipment for special operations.
- Maintain good communication with the Roustabouts, Deck Pusher and Barge Supervisor.
- Assist to maintain accurate records of all equipment loaded onto and off the rig.
- Other duties as required.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Requirements Position Crane Operator (Transocean DD3) Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.