Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Project Engineer to join our team in Reading on a staff basis.
We are currently looking for experienced Project Engineers to support a range of Petrochemical, O&G and Refinery projects.
Scope of Work
Skills / Qualifications
- Competent at Project Scope management
- Familiar with project work sequence, activities, and deliverables for Engineering Disciplines at any project phase with knowledge and understanding of a contract
- Ensures the project Quality Management System supports deliverables preparation and method of execution
- Able to generate and authorise key documents including those directing Engineering strategy and implementation
- Understands and manages the Technical Engineering Disciplines and associated Scope
- Ensures instructions are issued to allow work to progress and facilitates agreement between conflicting requirements and leads way forward
- Able to challenge working method and deliverables and ensures project team know and comply with project scope
- Develops and manages the engineering input to the project schedule and drives the Engineering Team to comply with the requirements, meet milestones and Key Performance Indicators
- Ensures that requirements for Design Verification are identified, scheduled, and resourced
- Understands the project Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) issues and ensures these are handled correctly
- Identifies risk and implements mitigations
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Prior background in project engineering
- Engineering experience, with some site experience
- Experience in an appropriate industry (ideally in one or more of Oil & Gas, LNG & GTL, Refining, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, Power, Carbon Capture) and be willing and able to work both in the UK and overseas
- Be commercially astute and understand the different approaches required to managing lump sum and reimbursable work
- Have a broad technical knowledge
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.