No start date for this position Updating database for future opportunitiesDEPARTMENT
: Marine REPORTS TO
: Crane Operator LOCATION
: Offshore US Gulf of Mexico TYPE OF RIG
:Semi-submersible JOB SUMMARY:
Carry out cargo handling duties, general cleaning, maintenance and other manual labor as assigned/directed PREREQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience as a Roustabout on a drilling rig
- Previous military, industrial, construction, agricultural or maritime experience considered an asset
- Previous experience on semi-submerislbe or drillship preferred
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Offshore Training Required:
- Qualified Rigger (API RD 2D)
- STCW Basic OR Advanced Firefighting
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations, banksman and slinging duties
- Carry out lifting operation duties as directed
- Maintain all equipment and perform housekeeping as instructed
- Ensure all tools and equipment are stowed appropriately at the end of each tour to avoid safety hazards for other operations
- Assist in the maintenance of the crane, rig's machinery and equipment using correct tools and following safety procedures
- Provide assistance in the mixing of mud chemicals, pit/tank cleaning, and pump room maintenance
- Perform regular steel preparation and painting to maintain the unit
- Assist in the care, protection, maintenance and preparation of tubulars on the pipe deck
- Carry out helideck duties as instructed
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Monitor the environmental conditions to ensure the safety of operations on deck
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per training matrix
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Requirements Position Roustabout (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.