No start date for this position Updating database for future opportunitiesDEPARTMENT:
Drilling REPORTS TO
: Driller LOCATION
: Offshore US Gulf of Mexico TYPE OF RIG
:Semi-submersible JOB SUMMARY:
Operate drill floor equipment, handle tubulars and handling tools on the rigs floor for the purpose of supporting drilling operations PREREQUISITES/QUALIFICATIONS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience as a Floorhand on an offshore drilling rig preferred
- Previous experience on semi-submersible and drillship preferred
- Offshore training considered an asset:
- Valid THUET/BOSIET/FOET
- Valid Qualified Rigger (API RP 2D)
- Well Control Introductory (Level 1)
- Medical (USCG or OGUK)
- Valid Government Issued ID (Drivers License or Passport)
- Knowledge of all technical standards required for the safe operation of the drilling equipment
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Operate and perform first line maintenance on rig floor drilling equipment
- Maintain drilling equipment, tubulars, handling equipment etc as per rig specific procedure
- Examine all safety equipment on the rig floor prior to use ensuring they are in safe operation condition
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Inspect all tools and equipment prior to use ensuring they are in safe operating condition
- Maintain rig floor in a clean and tidy manner
- Actively participate in well control drills as required
- Make certain all loads leaving the rig floor with the crane are slung/rigged correctly and clean
- Assist in maintaining and running the mud processing solids control equipment
- Perform regular steel preparation and painting to maintain rig floor equipment and structure
- Actively participate in all pre-job plans and meeting for drilling operations
- Obtain training to safely and competently operate hoisting devices for equipment and personnel
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Provide assistance with deck operations as and when required
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Assist in running and retrieving marine riser BOP
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Assist the Derrickman in mud mixing operations
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per training matrix
- Other duties as assigned
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Requirements Position Roughneck/Floorhand (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.