No start date for this position Updating database for future opportunitiesDEPARTMENT:
Marine REPORTS TO:
Marine Section Leader LOCATION:
Offshore US Gulf of Mexico TYPE OF RIG:
Semi-submersible JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible Navigator as per international maritime regulations and responsible for the safe positioning of the unit. PREREQUISITES/ QUALIFICATIONS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three years as Dynamic Positioning Operator on any DP2/3 vessel with preferred experience on a drilling vessel
- STCW II/1 Office in Charge of a Navigational Watch (OICNW)
- DPO certificate
- Valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF Level 2 Introductory)
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Ensure the uninterrupted manning of the dynamic positioning console.
- Ensure that neither dynamic position console nor bridge is left unattended at any time.
- Resposible for all relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
- Ensure that clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
- To ensure visible leadership by monitoring daily operations.
- To ensure required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
- To ensure thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
- Active participation in meeting activities.
- To ensure subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
- Responsible to sensure the bridge equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
- Responsible to ensure equipment is prepared for future marine operations.
- Operate dynamic positioning (DP) equipment as per Company and vessel operating procedures
- Operate the ballast control system to maintain the rig in a stable condition at the correct draft and trim as directed by the MSL
- Set up operational parameters for the DP system and ensure system data is correct
- Advise relevant personnel as per Well Specific Operating Guidelines (WSOG) of potential position loss
- Referencing riser analysis create WSOG document for well planning. Ensure WSOG are followed while on location
- Ensure that all defects and anomalies on any bridge equipment are reported to the OIM and relevant department heads. Maintain records of these and ensure that they are corrected
- Monitor Vessel Management System (VMS) and fire / gas alarms. Take appropriate action
- Ensure marine publications and navigational charts are up to date and maintained
- Ensure GMDSS systems are functioning, routinely tested and log maintained
- Ensure watch checklist, procedure checklist and bridge equipment checks are completed. Liaise with other departments, client, supply boats etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the safe transfer of fluids internally and between the rig and supply vessels
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Monitor and control supply boat operations and any other operations within the vessel five hundred metre zone including ROV operations
- Ensure there is adequate rig power and reserves for maintenance, current and forthcoming operations
- Competent in the use of data logger and extracting information from it
- Other Duties as assigned
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Requirements Position Dynamic Positioning Officer (Gulf of Mecixo) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.