Role - Quantity Surveyor (Electrical and Instrumentation) Location - Saudi Arabia Job description: Nature and Scope
The position is based at Site (Saudi Arabia) and reports to site Project Controls Manager. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Other activities & Skill set:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, since a quantity surveyor is required to oversee, monitor, and manage every aspect of the cost and production of a particular construction project.
- Coordinate with Engineering disciplines in getting the inputs required to evaluate quantities of each activity, calculate and update released qty. for each area and share with the team.
- Prepare Quantities from Engineering Input's. And Develop a Quantity Tracking sheet based on Project BOQ's.
- Support Subcontracting team for the preparation of Construction Package Bid Breakdown/ BOQ's.
- Preparation of Tender and Contract documents.
- Liaising and working collaboratively with site managers, contractors, and subcontractors
- Work Directly with Site Construction Manager and Site controls Manager for the preparation of weekly contractor status Report.
- Maintain the AP Quantity Tracking Sheet based on Engineering, Contractor's inputs.
- Provide advice on contractual claims and disputes to AP subcontracting team.
- Work closely with AP Subcontracting Team for Claim management and Addition Quantity.
- Provide inputs Quantities for preparation of construction schedule.
- Coordinate with site/s to get details of executed qty. by sub-contractor and verify the same for its correctness.
- Check and update Tender scope qty. versus actual -To execute qty. and highlight gaps, if any.
- Check sub-contractor invoice and quantity measurements sheet and reverify the same.
- Support Cost engineer/ Project Control in updating and issuing current/forecast Reports
- Have Work knowledge in Electrical and Instrumentation Works and ability to takeoff Bill of Quantities from E&I IFC Drawings
- Liaise with Site contracts team and provide all supporting documentation for processing claims/back charges.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide inputs for monthly report to Cost estimation/Project controls in consultation with Site Manager (Quantity Tracking Report)
- In-depth knowledge of construction and its principles and guidelines.
- Capture site inputs and prepare comparison of BOQ qty. versus actual qty. and change order qtys. For ongoing project/s.
- Thorough knowledge of Site health, Safety, quality and environment procedures.
If interested, Kindly share your updated CV on email@example.com
- Diploma engineer Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering from reputed Institute.
- 10+ years of proven work experience with reputed Companies as Construction Quantity Surveyor in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical Industry.
- Willing to relocate to Saudi Arabia.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills which will enable a quantity surveyor to write detailed and concise reports and communicate with clients, subcontractors, and others.
- Good computer skills (proficiency in MS Office).
- Knowledge of Arabic Language is preferred (but not mandatory)
- Any Quantity Surveyor Certification is preferred (but not mandatory)
- Past Work experience in Saudi Arabia is preferred (but not mandatory)
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Proficient in E&I field
- Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.