Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer - Buildings
in either Calgary, AB or Edmonton, AB
to join our busy and growing Oil & Gas Canada team due to growth in our business!
Our projects team has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex projects in the Canadian oilsands, along with associated pipelines and refinery infrastructure. Wood has a strong presence in the energy transition supporting the rapidly growing decarbonization and renewables industry in Canada and across the globe.
Join a culture of innovation,
pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients across Canada.
Come and join a winning team!
Join #teamwood! Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Execution of projects to meet client needs and expectations.
- Completion of structural and building envelope design and analysis to applicable codes and standards
- Attend client and project meetings
- Preparation of technical reports and calculation packages as project deliverables.
- Perform structural design with design software.
- Perform checks on other engineers' design.
- Working with designers on the project collaboratively to produce design deliverable.
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications.
- Authenticate structural engineering deliverables.
- Interface with other disciplines, project management to execute work per the Project Plan.
- Interface with workshare team from other Wood global offices
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Wood and its clients.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with APEGA.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant design experience working on Oil and Gas and Industrial projects.
- Excellent knowledge of structural theory and working knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada (Alberta Edition).
- Strong background and experience in industrial building design
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience with self-framing building design and fabrication.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the requirements of CSA S16 and CSA A23.3.
- Broad exposure to oil and gas and industrial project
- Proficiency in modeling and analysis using SAP2000, RISA 3D, and STAAD.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple assignments.
- Strong technical writing skills; experienced in the preparation of correspondence and technical reports.
- Effective verbal communicator, including presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Willing to travel and accept field assignments.
- Motivated by working with people, through internal collaboration or with external clients.
- Loves to share knowledge, experiences, and expertise with others to assist, mentor and coach less experience members of the team in their development.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at the time of application
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.