About the job Overview / Responsibilities
HYBRID SCHEDULE ( Houston, Tx)
Wood is currently recruiting for AVEVA Suite Product Owner positions with experience in the delivery of asset digitalization projects in the oil & gas sector.
AVEVA Suite Product Owners support Wood's digital asset and digital twin projects. The role supports both our clients and internal team, acting as our subject matter expert in the various tools included in the AVEVA Suite of products.
The primary products positions available are for AVEVA E3D
, AVEVA Engineering
, AVEVA P&ID
, AVEVA Electrical
and AVEVA Instrumentation
The Product Owner is responsible for collaborating with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements. Definition of the vision, road map, development plan and overseeing all stages of the software development project will be the primary focus Skills / Qualifications Principal accountabilities include:
Job specific experience:
- Collaborating with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements.
- Defining the vision for the team's product.
- Creating a product roadmap based on this vision.
- Managing the product backlog and prioritizing/sequence according to business value or return on investment (ROI).
- Overseeing all stages of product creation including design and development.
- Assist with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that can be achieved in a single sprint.
- Convey the vision and goals at the beginning of every release and sprint.
- Repeat the prioritization process for each iteration of the product.
- Participate in backlog refinement, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every sprint and have complete authority to accept or reject any work done.
- Communicate the status of the product to all stakeholders.
- At each sprint, assess the time invested, scope and quality of the product.
Areas of Expertise:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering design in Energy Sector or related field industries
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with AVEVA PDMS/E3D, AVEVA Engineering or AVEVA P&ID.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with AVEVA Electrical, AVEVA Instrumentation or similar.
- Strong experience in project management delivery
- Experience in stakeholder management with experience in managing challenging interfaces and developing strong customer relationships
- Experience of implementing successful project performance improvement activities and techniques for recovering poor performance
- Knowledge of 3D Model management systems and data processing, with strong capabilities across a range of technologies.
- Experience in multi-discipline engineering design models
- Able to identify and implement architecture best practices and standards
- Proven experience of team leadership and people management skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the capability to communicate and work well with the leadership team,the business, as well as with specialists from related fields, including project managers, database developers, software engineers and data scientists
- Agile mindset and understands Scrum methodology (preferred)
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building
- Strong working knowledge of any or multiple AVEVA software products.
- Familiarity with Bentley, Aveva, Hexagon & Cognite would be an advantage
- Strong understanding of solution and data architecture
- Data science skills advantageous
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.