Job Title: Sales Engineer
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time (REMOTE)
Location: Remote. Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Carolinas.
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a fast-growing safety technology instrument manufacturer making advancements in the Oil & Gas sector, has a permanent opportunity for a remote Sales Engineer. About our client:
Being one of the world's leading manufacturers of safety technology, providing safety systems for every scenario. This offers our employees job variety that is rare in the industry. You can further your career within an international environment where our team works closely together in 16 group companies across 50 locations throughout the world. This would normally only be available in large multi-national corporations. We are still a medium-sized enterprise that remains at heart what it always has been: an independent family-owned enterprise, where each person counts. Job Summary:
In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. This individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining executive-level relationships at assigned accounts and growing customer base and business with our products, Products Lifecycle Services, Functional Safety lifecycle services, and Applications by clearly defining business value and aligning our capabilities to the customer's desired outcomes. Primary Job Function:
- Owns the account strategy within assigned accounts and communicates to extended teams on an account-by-account basis
- Establishes executive level relationships within the customer base and understands customer processes, business drivers and organizational model
- Follows an organized and proven successful sales process, knows assigned accounts and territory, plans for growth
- Maintains an accurate sales funnel and forecast, drives opportunities to closure orders
- Understands the industry (applications, standards/regulations, drivers, and trends), the customer's organization and desired business outcomes and our offerings and delivery mechanisms as well as partner capabilities relevant to assigned accounts
- Be up to date on current process functional safety codes, such as IEC61511, NFPA-85/86/87, API670, and other relevant to applications
- Provides application knowledge and industry expertise, such as BMS, TMC, HIPPS, F&G, and ESD.
- Proactively collaborates with the North America Sales Team and Global account managers located around the world
- Qualifies customer opportunities, engages the appropriate resources, and coordinates the solution design to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer
- Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer
- Coordinates account team, senior management, and a technical engagement team to plan for and win identified opportunities
- Leads the proposal preparation efforts ensuring that customer requirements are met
- Communicates differentiators and competitive advantages to customers and potential customers through good communication skills and technical presentations
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or Operations Management
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel regionally/US greater than 50% of time
- Strong knowledge on Industrial Process Control, Instrumentation, ESD, F&G, BMS, safety systems sales and business development
- Familiar with the functional safety lifecycle (IEC61508, IEC61511)
- Experience with industrial automation, manufacturing operations, systems integration, or an engineering firm
- Valid contact list on target customers (I/E, maintenance, projects): Chemical, O&G, Refineries,
- Petrochemical, Gas Storage, and distribution
- Knowledge of Functional Safety
- Experience with selling long cycle automation projects and large capital projects, and the complexity and different tactics to ensure chances of success.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Self-starter, analytical, result oriented, business acumen, team player
- Must be willing to travel to project sites to collect field data
- Must be willing to travel to project sites to perform field inspections
- May be required to be out of town for multiple days at a time
- TUV or Exida or ISA Functional Safety certified, or working knowledge on industrial process safety
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers, and SI/EPC companies
- Strong knowledge and experience selling TMC and HIPPS applications for Chemicals,
- Refineries, Petrochemical, O&G, and LNG plants
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of and work with an industry leader in the world's leading independent provider of safety-related automation solutions for the process and railway industries to protect people, the environment and capital assets. The successful applicant will receive a competitive base salary, annual incentive program and other compensation programs, work/life balance including a generous vacation program, competitive benefits programs offering choice and flexibility, generous pension and 401(k) savings plans. Our client delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. For more information on this opportunity or others, please contact Julien Ibrahim.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.