Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for an Instrument Fitter
to join our team in Mandan, North Dakota. U.S. Only:
Authorized to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
You will plan layout, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair instruments, both electronic and pneumatic, including primary piping, tubing, and valves. RESPONSIBILITIES
Skills / Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
- size of pipe, tube, and related material according to job specification
- Install, repair, maintain, and adjust indicating, recording, tele-metering and controlling instruments and test equipment used to control and measure variables, such as pressure, flow temperature, motion, force, and chemical composition, using precision instruments and hand tools
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install primary piping and tubing
- Reassemble instrument or test equipment, and tests assembly for conformance to specifications, using instruments.
- Inspect instrument and test equipment periodically and adjusts calibration to ensure function within specified standards
- May calibrate instrument or test equipment according to establish standards
- Install associated support structures, components and tubing
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees
- Perform other duties as required.
- One or more years of field experience in the craft discipline
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and document
- Plan and perform work activities independently
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings
- Work at heights without fear
- Be motivated and work safely and productively
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.