Overview / Responsibilities Join Wood! It's a future for all of
us. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Summer Placement Instrument Engineer to join the Stockton team for a fixed term of 8 weeks. This will be a hybrid of both in the office and home working.
As a Wood placement student, you will join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. The Role
Wood is deeply committed to the development of their people and recognises the importance of growing a talented team of professionals with expertise in engineering in order to ensure the future success of the organisation and the Energy and Materials sectors that we support.
The postholder will assist with the provision of engineering support services on Oil & Gas engineering projects and undertake engineering activities and support as directed by senior engineers on the project. Activities will typically include the production of deliverables associated with engineering studies alongside project support.
Skills / Qualifications Who we are looking for
- Carry out work in accordance with Company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Carry out work in accordance with project guidelines and procedures
- Provision of engineering services to projects as assigned
- Engineering calculations and simulation
- Communicate effectively within a multidiscipline team
- Ensure all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant design codes, standards and legislation
- Ensure the design satisfies all operational and safety requirements
- Check and verify engineering documents in line with the technical and quality plan.
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables on time to meet project deadlines
- Taking part and contributing to construction risk assessments and construction method statements
- Producing cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe
- Provide technical assistance where required
- Review work / work output as required
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
We are looking for high-achieving students with a desire to learn - the ideal candidates should be in their second to penultimate year of their Undergraduate Engineering degree, enjoy problem solving / trouble-shooting, detailed analysis, willing to embrace new ideas, and most importantly; take on assignments where the approach or solution isn't known at the outset. Skills And Qualifications
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you.. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Expected:
If all of this sounds good to you, then follo w the link to apply and start your journey with Wood! Company Overview
- Working towards an Undergraduate Engineering degree - Required
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- The right to work in the UK
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.