We are looking for a Subcontracts Specialist for our client who is in the Chemicals industry.
In this position you will require flexibility for travel to the site locations, temporary or permanently in the Rotterdam area. You prefably should have knowledge in managing Project contracts/Subcontracts and understanding of contract terms, quantity surveying, monthly payment approvals for reimbursable and Lump Sum services. Cost reporting for spend management against project schedule is a key requirement of the role to ensure accurate forecasting of contract deliverables and be responsible for proactively managing their own workload.
You'll be reporting to the project Subcontracts Manager.Important competancies
- Pre-award and Post-award contracting skills including drafting bid documents, contracts and post award contract management documentation.
- Skilled in remeasure contracts with quantity surveying experience for cost/schedule delivery in post award contract management.
- Claims and back-charge skills in developing solid arguments for building counter claims and defence of contractor claims. This skill set is core to be able to challenge solid contract (commercial, contractual and technical) arguments with key skills for remeasure contracts.
- Good at influencing, communication, and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies,
- Able to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
- Able to work cross functionally within the company
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills for contract management
- Financial and Business acumen
- Wants to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, One Note) and collaborative tools.
- Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
- You will work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial Product Management), supported business and functional organization to achieve goals.
- Predominantly the role will be on contract administration for ongoing projects, including change order management and claims development and negotiation. Skills in pre-award contracting include for the development of strategies and leading the commercial contracting sourcing strategy, bidding and technical/commercial evaluations, then negotiations for construction subcontract categories aligning to project requirements.
- Identify, develop, and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks together with contract administration and supplier management for post award contract delivery.
- Manage relationships with suppliers.
- Develop efficient bid tabulations for new and existing commercial awards, and lead sourcing reviews with cross functional teams.
- Bring innovative solutions to maximize value proposition for products and bid opportunities.
- Effectively utilize e-Sourcing tools to launch inquiries and receive contractor quotations/proposals.
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
- Effectively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Bachelor of Quantity Surveying / Engineering (preferably Mechanical / Civil) degree is advantageous.
- Extensive experience working in an EPC / Oil and Gas company.
- Experience in contracts award and post award management and contractual language.
- Excellent oral and written English proficiency is a must. Second language is advantageous.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.