Offshore Wind Primary Steel LeadLeap29 Featured Employer
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we're the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
We are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We're heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel
a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job:
We are looking for an exciting candidate with experience in designing the primary steel for jacket foundations to join our thriving offshore wind capability. Join a company with:
• Over 20 years of history in Offshore Wind
• A global and domestic project portfolio
• Industry leading technical innovations
• Opportunities to solve the world's energy challenges using your technical prowess
The ever-changing conditions of Offshore Wind Industry means we need individuals who can adapt, change and thrive when working in dynamic environments. Our global opportunities and innovation initiatives will allow you to excel and build upon your strengths as we continue our growth in such a rapidly developing market.
This position provides the opportunity for a passionate person to contribute to the growing renewables sector, actively helping to combat climate change.
We operate a hybrid working model with offices all over the UK, we have locations in Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow and London. We will happily accept application to any of our UK locations.
As a member of our team, you will oversee the technical design and development of our global portfolio of future offshore wind foundations. You'll support the winning and delivery of our projects through various levels of development, together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades. Responsibilities may include:
• Leading design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects and the teams of engineers to deliver them.
• Supporting the innovation and development of our designs, design tools and client offerings.
• Understanding stress and structural analysis, offshore design codes, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of software packages.
• Providing technical input to support our bidding teams for future projects.
• Guiding and mentoring the next generation of engineers.
• Solving complex technical problems, and ultimately leading the delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
• Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships.
• Developing our SME network for primary steel and a "go-to" for jacket primary steel
Your Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc).
• Great leadership, communication, innovation and delivery skills
• Previous experience in primary steel design for jacket foundations (required).
• Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
• Awareness of the interfaces between turbine loads, turbines and foundation.
• Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements
• Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis & FEA (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) - SESAM, USFOS, Bladed, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
• Track record in delivering offshore wind projects.
• Occasional need to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders.
• Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
Details about the role:
Location: Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow and London
Relocation required: N/A
Travel required: Occasional
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!