Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programmes, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone, in socially and environmentally responsible ways. Shell is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India.Where you fit in
The Powering Progress strategy launched early 2021 confirmed the strategic position of the IT Bangalore hub in the energy transition journey. Shell continues the investment in the hub to support the S/4 journey for its key ERP SAP systems. A SAP Solution Manager & Focused RUN operations works in Service Management teams is expected to take full responsibility for monitor and measure service performance against KPI's ensure reliable and secure delivery of application and infrastructure services to business end users.What's the role
As an Application Support Analyst, you will get involved in change and/or enhancement requests to the application. The role offers the opportunity to get involved in investigating issues and implementing fixes to restore the service. The tasks will be done in close cooperation with and may involve taking on a coordination role over a natural team of Application Support colleagues, Project Delivery team (CoE) and infra suppliers and vendors primarily SAP.
You will support the SAP Solution Manager , FRUN and is accountable for delivery of expected business outcomes .
What we need from you
- This role is responsible to resolve escalated urgent/complex issues to ensure business continuity for Shell's Enterprise Solution Manager, FRUN applications
- Provide second line operational IT support for Solution Manager and Focused Run application including ticket resolution and assess and review the impact of bigger enhancements and new projects deployed on FRUN and Solution manager
- Analyze complex business processes, conduct workshops to gather, evaluate, document business needs, critical requirements and translate these into functional specifications for monitoring purpose.
- Implement business process designs in ESM , focused build capabilities, review and evaluate business needs, integration of the third party tools ,ensure that the selected process meets the criteria, standards and prioritize the list.
- Develop and implement the End-to-End monitoring, arrange communication with technical teams and project teams
- Priorities and manage multiple operational delivery priorities, demands and requests including Supportability & Transition projects.
- Responsible for the overall administration and operational design, guide and train others, being the Subject Matter Expert in technical and End-to-End business operational/process aspects.
- Support incidents per Business Service Level Agreement (SLA). Resolve escalated multi-discipline technical application and infrastructure incidents end to end per business SLA.
- Cooperate with support and project management teams on technical feasibility and considerations, prepare detailed technical plans, evaluate test results and to ensure supportable solution is being deployed by the projects.
- Hand-on experience on the technical and business aspects of configuration management, system security requirements, the operations and maintenance of systems being supported and proposed system recovery procedures.
- Responsible to support Simple system integration, Advanced system management, Open component monitoring, Integration monitoring, EWA in focused RUN. Technical Monitoring, Business Process Monitoring, Custom Code Management, Charm , Focused Build and Focused Insights functionality in Solution Manager, housekeeping best practices .
- Educated to a degree level in information technology.
- 5-8 years of experience with implementing and supporting SAP Solution Manager and Focused RUN
- Experience working with information risk management controls, ITIL processes and IT Service Management
- Experience with SAP Basis administration and database management; Coordination with SAP Support
- Experience with remote product administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrades
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, problem analysis, troubleshooting skills and good time management skills, ability to multitask to manage conflicting requirements
- Ability to work with teams from different cultures and in different time zones in a global, virtual environment.
- Preferably have SAP Certification in Solution Manager 7.2, SAP Certification in Basis Admin and SAP Certification in Business Process Management
- Knowledge of SAP HANA administration, Azure, Cloud Integrations and FRUN capabilities
- Expertise skills in Oracle DBA and/or ABAP Performance tuning is a bonus.