The FO Energy Risk and Accounting (ERA) process is primarily responsible for the financial accounting and reporting of the Downstream and Trading gross margin and working capital (inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable) - covering various activities as manual price maintenance, inventory recording and reconciliation, refinery mass balance and gain/loss analysis, inventory valuation, and billing and settlement of all hydrocarbon purchase, sales, and exchange transactions. It is an agile and evolving organization having proximity to various business growth and Energy Transition as well as changing business needs across different Shell businesses.
Analyst Role will be part of Trading Settlements and Accounting (TSA) Team in Manila supporting the Products business of the North America region (e.g. US, Canada) -- managing sales billing, purchase settlements, debt chasing, hydrocarbon accounting, and reporting & analysis. The processes are complex, time critical, and involves working closely with a diverse set of business partners and finance processes - traders, commercial operators and schedulers, trading operations support, indirect tax, FO Data, Credit, Cash application, and R&A.
This role will be primarily responsible in billing and collecting commodity invoices on a daily basis to complete the settlements activities of STUSCO Products line of business. Individual is expected to work collaboratively with the team in ensuring settlements activities are completed end to end on time, accurately. Also, he/she is required to support reporting activities of the team month on month.
The role offers an excellent, challenging opportunity for a highly motivated individual who yearns to grow in a fast moving, dynamic and global trading environment. Principal Accountabilities
- Responsible for ensuring On-time and Accurate Invoice Billing (as determined by contractual terms and in compliance with Shell Control Framework), highly driven by First Time Right Attitude.
- Responsible for ensuring timely collection of account receivable balances and identifying a resolution to the principal cause of delinquency. Negotiating with creditors is a must.
- Actively resolve customer disputes in compliance with agreed turnaround time. Do escalate timely as necessary.
- Analyze collection processes to recommend improvements.
- Assist to collect and prepare collection reports daily and evaluate process and measure efficiency of all portfolios.
- Ensure process KPI targets are achieved, with appropriate reasoning for non-achievement.
- Develop an effective working relationship with all business partners and stakeholders.
Businesses Supported: Trading - Oil Products
Geographical Scope: North America - US
Key Stakeholders: Diverse set of business partners and finance processes - traders, commercial operators and schedulers, trading operations support, payments, credit, indirect tax, FO Data, and R&A. Skills and Experiences
- Degree/Professional Qualification in Accounting / Finance
- At least 1-2 years experience in accounting process and controls principles.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a short turn-around time involving complexities and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work pro-actively and with minimum supervision.