We are looking for a Reward and Job Evaluation Consultant to join the Job Evaluation team and be part of Shell's Performance and Reward community. Our global Reward team combines the expertise areas of Reward and Job Evaluation, and team members work across both. While the initial focus in this position will be in Job Evaluation, you will also lead and contribute to Reward processes.WHERE YOU FIT IN
You will be part of a natural team, working together to deliver healthy organisational structures and reward systems that are market-relevant, equitable and cost-effective. As consultants to the businesses, functions and countries we collaborate closely with multiple clients across several business units, sites or geographies. We leverage best practices from inside and outside of Shell, contributing to the continuing development of a world-class organization.
A role in our Reward and Job Evaluation team provides a unique opportunity
to learn about Shell and have impact in a holistic manner rarely afforded in other roles. You will develop your benchmarking/calibration, project management, business acumen, global working, stakeholder engagement and organisational design skills while applying your technical competencies of Hay Job Evaluation Methodology and pay benchmarking.THE ROLEJob Evaluation and Organisation:
- Lead Job Evaluation projects and deliver job evaluation in small and large sized reorganisations and organisation reviews as well as analysing and advising on the structure health of organisation units.
- Promote effective and efficient organizations which are satisfying and motivating for employees through the application of sound job evaluation and organizational design principles using the Hay methodology as a foundation.
- Partner with the business and HR on implications of structural choices on job grades when designing organisations and provide alternative solutions when needed.
- Help monitor and reinforce (and intervene, if required) good corporate governance in job group management across Shell to provide assurance on the standards of application, and challenge current processes, tools and methodology with a continuous improvement mindset to further our Job Evaluation journey.
- Utilise data to support organisational advice, lead and improve the metrics to be used and provide periodic organisation structure reports to your stakeholders
- Co-develop relevant and fit for purpose tools and frameworks to facilitate the application of sound job evaluation principles within Shell.
- Support Line Managers and HR in their management of JGs by providing and presenting appropriate educational materials e.g., learning programmes and guidance on the use of the EVA evaluation tool for the line manager community.
- Lead improvement projects related to JE processes and tools and design and implement simplification, standardisation, automation and elimination, especially of low-value activities.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Engage with country stakeholders and deliver the annual benchmarking and merit budget setting cycle (including supporting mandate setting for CLAs) for assigned countries.
- Work within the Reward governance guidelines and risk & control framework, monitoring good corporate governance across Shell to provide assurance on the standards of application with a continuous improvement mindset. e.g., Conducts Post Event Control analysis
- Ensure that Reward communication materials contain clear, transparent and consistent messages about Reward.
- Flag and support the management of conflicting perspectives related to Reward and JE challenges, aiding parties to reach solutions with the use of data, understanding global standards, local budget, market pressures and ER/IR aspects.
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, including advanced Excel capability/aptitude. Ability to evaluate information from multiple sources, apply intuition and judgement to weigh their value and relevance to the decision at hand. Compares and contrasts situations and information, identifying patterns and trends which inform subsequent decisions.
- Proven and recent experience with Job Evaluation, applying the Hay methodology (preferably, or another globally applied methodology) in a large multinational company working with senior stakeholders
- Proven experience in performing pay benchmarking in a large multinational company working with senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Must be confident working with Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills. Takes steps to understand and consider the diverse opinions of involved parties ahead of a proposal.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Manila forms the operational backbone of business processes that help deliver Shell's business solutions across the globe. We are focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Finance, Human Resources, Customer Service, Order-to-Delivery, and Contracting and Procurement. Diversity is key at SBO Manila, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining the company, you will benefit from an industry-leading development program that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Our business has been built on a foundation of innovative technology and skilled employees. By providing energy to sustain people's lives for more than a hundred years, Shell has become one of the world's leading companies.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future. At Shell, everyone does their part.An inclusive place to work
Shell is working to become one of the most diverse, equitable, and inclusive organizations in the world. We are taking steps to create an environment where everyone - from our employees, to our customers, partners, and suppliers - feels valued, respected, and has a strong sense of belonging.
To achieve this, we must ensure all people are treated fairly, irrespective of their race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, or other status.
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.