Where you fit in
Shell Energy is a key part of Shell's industry leading Trading and Supply organisation and provides more and cleaner energy across a global portfolio of LNG, gas, power and environmental products to meet our suppliers' and customers' current and future needs for more and cleaner energy. Shell Energy is positioned to play a significant role at the heart of Shell's Energy Transition. Shell Energy's Ambitions are to be the Leading Global Provider of Energy Products and Services; the Leader in Cleaner Energy Solutions; the Most Trusted Energy Partner; and a Winning Team.
Shell Energy Europe and Environmental Products (SE-EE) supplies and trades natural Gas and Power across Europe and Africa centred in London, with representation across the markets we trade. We also manage Shell's Environmental Products supply and trading business globally based in the key global trading markets. We are growing fast with the expansion of power and cleaner fuels along with products such as carbon credits and environmental offsets as part of Shell's strategy to thrive through the Energy Transition. Our counterparties and customers encompass major resource holders of gas, upstream producers, investment banks, offset developers, compliance entities, trading houses, utilities and aggregators, power generators and large industrial and commercial energy users. Through our people, we promote innovation and a customer centric approach to business as key enablers for our growth and development.
Gas Origination Team
The Gas Origination Team covers all European gas markets, working in close partnership with the Trading desks to identify, negotiate, and execute structured gas transactions, physical/virtual transport and storage positions, LNG regasification capacities and supply agreements. The Team is also responsible for originating tailored Upstream off-take deals and helping the Trading desk optimize the regional portfolios.
The Gas Origination team includes four sub-teams: North West Europe, South & East Europe, Assets & Infrastructure and Structured Energy. The North West Europe Gas Origination team covers the UK, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Denmark and Germany.What's the role?
We are looking for a Senior Originator (Business Development Manager) to join the North West Europe Gas Origination team. The Senior Originator is leading on originating new structured positions with third parties and Shell entities, primarily looking at longer term opportunities to grow Shell Energy's gas portfolio. The role is an exciting deal making opportunity and offers work in a great, experienced, and highly driven commercial team with strong focus on developing new mid to long term business opportunities for Shell.
The accountabilities include but are not limited to below:
What we need from you?
- Develop healthy deal funnel in North West Europe and focus on efficient deal execution.
- Expand the business with producers and lead on bespoke opportunities.
- Collaborating with Trade desk and Support functions to prioritise opportunities and find the best possible deal space with external counterparties.
- Lead negotiations with external counterparties and to work with highly experienced multicultural project teams.
- Maintain close relationships with allocated counterparty portfolio.
- Work effectively with other originators including across other products like Power, Hydrogen, renewable gas and environmental products.
- Working closely with the regulatory team, understanding the framework as translating opportunities/risks for the business and customers.
- Experience in business development / origination ideally in North West Europe.
- Commercial acumen backed by in-depth industry knowledge of North West European gas markets.
- Proven track record of commercial deal making from deal identification through to delivery.
- Experience in supporting or leading multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural deal teams / project teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage a wide range of different relationships at all levels, including government and external senior management.
- Ability to understand, structure and explain highly complex deal structures / strong understanding of trading value drivers and ability to challenge.
- Strong understanding of deal economics with the ability to commission detailed analysis by Deal Structuring and engage in discussion on quantitative insights.
- Effectiveness in business case preparation, presentation and discussion with Senior Management.
- Strong can-do mindset, driven for results yet highly resilient, comfortable working in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of price- and volume risk management techniques (e.g. hedging; options etc) related to commodities.
- Knowledge of mandating deals / business cases and ability to maintain alignment with counterparties on mandating processes and timelines.
- Knowledge of a North West European language is a plus.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.