Where you fit in
An exciting opportunity to work at the Information & Digital Engineering (IDE) organization in Shell IT. Software Engineering is the home for Software Engineers to collaborate and develop scalable solutions that accelerate business value, opening new possibilities for Shell. We apply deep engineering skills within a vibrant global community of natural teams, passionate about investing in people. We build commercial, production-ready software. By keeping our solutions on the right track, we gain the trust of our stakeholders and the freedom to break new ground when tackling the challenges of tomorrow
The Renewables and Energy Solutions organization in Shell is focused on leading in the energy transition towards a low-carbon future through power or electrification, supporting our aim to power progress together through more and cleaner energy solutions. Shell Energy is our core global brand for both B2C and B2B segments and applied to our energy retail businesses and customer propositions. It builds an integral part of Shell's global Renewables and Energy Solutions marketing strategy with a mission to guide customers toward a better energy future, by enabling choice and providing market-leading energy solutions.What's the role?
The role is for a Senior Salesforce Engineer to work within the Salesforce Delivery Hub (US) which is part of Software Engineering. This team has been created as a direct result of Shells move into the consumer energy market, and this is a great opportunity to shape the direction of the Salesforce solutions used. This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of Salesforce solutions within the Renewables and Energy Solutions organization in Shell.
This role would work directly with our Shell Energy US digital marketing product manager and is a great opportunity to shape the direction of the MarTech stack.
What we need from you?
- As the Salesforce SME within your product team/s, you must be able to understand the wider strategic intent, recommend solutions and articulate your reasoning
- Work across a product team which is not just Salesforce developers. Salesforce is a piece of the puzzle, and you will advise your product team on where it best fits and where other solutions are better placed to manage the requirements
- Understand the requirement of a functional specification or user story, and ensure its completeness for the next steps
- Design and implement solutions on Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Supporting in the definition of delivery standards and best practices and ensuring they are followed
- Guide junior members of your product team to deliver solutions with high-quality and in-time
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Minimum six (6) years with Salesforce Marketing Cloud as part of a product team
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Proven track record of working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud as part of a product team.
- Strong understanding of wider Marketing technology solutions (not limited to Salesforce)
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce Platform & API capabilities
- Ability to think and work strategically - seeing the bigger picture
- Good communication skills, effective internal stakeholder and able to influence using data
- Personal attributes: drive to grow business; hands-on mentality; keen to experiment and learn from failures; curiosity and practical creativity; comfortable with ambiguity and change; multi-cultural sensitivity
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potentials.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.