This post will be responsible for supporting the Team Manager in delivering value to Shell through operating and innovating world-class Accounts Payable RTP process.
This position requires working closely with various stakeholders across different levels in Contracting and Procurement, Businesses and FinancePrincipal Accountabilities:
1. Effectively and efficiently operate and continuously improve Accounts Payable RTP process
- Understand and effectively operate financial controls
- Escalate items that interfere with the completion of the reconciliation activities to Team Manager
- Performs weekly/monthly consolidation and submission of KPIs to Process Excellence, CP I&I. Provides analysis and insights on the performance.
- Identify and implement process improvements within assigned scope
- Acts as AP focal point for CP, Business, and other parts of FO
- Provides practical and analytical support to ensure all Accounts Payable transactions are correctly accounted for in the general ledger and expenses are reported on a timely basis for each financial month-end close
2. Maintain an effective working relationship with key stakeholders, including but not limited to CP Operations Delivery, CP Data, RA DS Business Analyst, AP PE P&P Expert, CP PGS Process Expert, Country Finance Advisors
- Initiates, manages, and actively attends operational meetings, including operational AP-CP connects, to discuss performance, issues, collaboration.
- Demonstrate and role model One Finance Behaviours and Safe Hands
3. Participate in projects, change programs and initiatives that impact area of responsibility, including but not limited to migrations, scope changes, setting up new entities in collaboration with other teams, digitalization projects and business change programmes.
4. Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) mindset and cultureKey Challenges:
1. Collaborating successfully in a multicultural and virtual environment, including delivering results through others without formal authority
2. Maintaining high quality of output despite pressure in meeting daily cut-offs
3. Demonstrate ability to co-create solutions and influence business partners with diverse seniority when complex issues ariseJob Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar or related role
- Strong accounting knowledge of AP process and systems
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Innovative and open minded
- Demonstrate accuracy and strong attention to details
- Good organizational skills with ability to succeed under tight deadlines