Instrument Technician resides in Shell Jurong Island (SJI) Maintenance Department.
The primary role is to execute instrument maintenance to the optimum level of performance for safe, reliable and efficient operation of the plant.
Instrument technicians are to provide hands on maintenance including all assets under SJI or maintained by SJI. Manage contractors' staff to provide a safe, cost-effective and efficient day-to-day maintenance services on instruments.What's the role?
- Compliance to HSSE standards and requirements to make Shell Jurong Island (SJI) a safe place to work, and accountable for all assigned Critical activities.
- Perform Authorized Applicant as per SJI ePermit to Work (ePTW) requirement.
- Drive high standard of personal accountability & performance to deliver the Site & Department goals and target.
- Execute and supervise day-to-day maintenance activities including contractor/specialist management as assigned from end-to-end basis to enable high equipment reliability & plant availability. Update maintenance records, investigation findings & prepare relevant reports
- Provide feedback on effectiveness of planning for the Corrective and preventive maintenance for site reliability improvement. Support in Bad actors management.
- In order to ensure SJI's assets operate safely & reliably, without suffering any process safety incident or causing life-changing events to person(s), the staff is accountable to ensure compliance to those Critical Activities assigned for the Job Position.
- Provide support for Turnaround execution in related Process Units (PUs).
- Plan and execute instrumentation related works depending on the technician level (L6 - L9).
- Have some QMI experience such as the ability to explain the operating principle of a simple QMI analyzers eg: PH, TOC, Conductivity.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in compliance with the global maintenance and business processes.
What we need from youEducational Qualifications
- Attend standby callout to the Emergency work upon request.
Diploma/ITE or equivalent.Professional Experience
Minimum 2 years petrochemical refinery experience as Instrument Technician or equivalent.Company Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.