Shell Asset Management (SAMCo) is looking for an experienced Financial Risk Manager within the Risk department to maintain and further develop the teams suite of risk management deliverables and processes. In this challenging role you will be focused on performing risk monitoring, risk management activities & maintenance of the risk tools and systems. Where you fit in
Shell Asset Management Company B.V. (SAMCo), is an in-house asset manager for Shell's pension funds and insurance companies, operating under a Dutch AIFM licence including MiFIDII services. It's a dynamic, global environment with clients in seven different countries and more than 200 professionals. SAMCo is licensed as a fund manager and provides portfolio services. Continuous change in the financial markets and in financial regulations make this a professionally challenging place to work - regulations and Compliance are at the very top of our agenda.Investment Risk Control (IRC) Team
IRC and Risk Analytics team are within the Risk team. IRC has a broad set of responsibilities reflecting its involvement in the entire investment decision-making and management process on every asset class that SAMCo invests in (i.e. starting from the ideation and investment identification, through the investment approval in the Investment Committee and subsequently up to the monitoring and risk reporting). As part of our IRC, you will work alongside 6 risk specialists to deliver timely and accurate investment risk, compliance and product control activities and the associated reporting output.
Besides conducting day-to-day monitoring and risk management activities (including risk oversight), more specific responsibilities include:
What we need from you
- Assist senior risk managers to provide risk analysis for different asset classes as well as on client level (e.g. client request, investment proposal, Investment Committee);
- Identify the financial risks and advice how to measure and manage these.
- Carry out comprehensive periodic risk reporting;
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of the financial risk system, MSCI Risk Metrics. This includes analysis, data quality management and testing of changes;
- Seek opportunities to simplify and standardise processes, driving the implementation of identified improvements;
- Ability to work in a team and a sense of humor
The desired experience, qualifications and skills are listed below. Applications are encouraged from candidates for which some areas still need to be developed.
- Proven relevant experience in the asset management environment of which a substantial part within a risk management role or position
- An academic degree in the relevant field of expertise (Economics, Econometrics or Finance) or similar background; CFA, VBA, CAIA, FRM or relevant certifications are a strong plus
- Experience with MSCI RiskMetrics (RM4), SimCorp Dimension or/and Bloomberg
- Experience with programming e.g., SQL, VBA, Python is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex analysis in a concise, understandable manner
- Pro-active attitude; the ability to identify and solve problems, think independently and drive for improvements