Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Architect to be based in Reading on a contract basis.
We work on a variety of projects including carbon capture, hydrogen power, waste to energy, biofuels, recycling, petrochemical, and oil & gas.
Wood has an opportunity for a Architects to be based in Reading on a contract basis - Short and longer term projects available.
Skills / Qualifications
- The architect must have good working knowledge of Mircostation and e nsure all work is carried out in accordance with Wood policies and procedures
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment
- Contribute to the group as a discipline technical Specialist as required
- Provide technical and architectural design support to Projects as Lead Architect where required
- Execute assigned work in accordance with Project Execution Plans, applicable Project Procedures and Standards within man - hour and cost budgets and Project schedule target
- Provide design and technical interface to project work with clients, other Departments, suppliers / vendors and consultants
- Coordinate and conduct Technical Audits and Technical reviews on projects as required by Chief Architect
- Review, support and agree project technical and design issues with the Lead Discipline Engineer, including dissemination and implementation of discipline 'best practice' on projects
- Degree qualified architect with membership of a recognized international architectural professional authority
- Experience in oil and gas / energy transition projects
- Experience of client management and briefing activities
- Good conceptual design abilities
- Sound technical and international building construction knowledge
- Good project management skills within the Architectural discipline
- Understanding and experience in the adoption of 'Green Buildings' principals
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.