Overview / Responsibilities Principal Mechanical Engineer - Glasgow Based
Wood are seeking expressions of interest from an experienced Principal Mechanical Package Engineer with extensive knowledge of international design codes in Packages e.g. BS, EN, ISO, ANSI, ASME, API to provide services on a potential project scope within our Process & Energy business.
The opportunity will be available for an initial duration of 12 months with potential to be extended for up to 3 years. Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our client.
To be considered, the opportunity requires experience with a wide range of Packaged and Rotational Equipment, this includes pumps, compressors, turbines, fans and blowers, agitators, mixers, seal and lubricating systems, lifting equipment, and other typical equipment found within packages.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Contributing to the delivery of Engineering and Operational excellence through:
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Degree qualified and Chartered Engineer status is preferred.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
Scope of services required:
- Technically competent in own discipline, actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Relevant experience in operational and maintenance engineering is preferred.
- Ability to work on own initiative and highlight areas of risk to the project quality, cost or schedule.
- Experience of managing and coordinating Supplier design and manufacturing activities to support an engineering project, including chairing co-ordination meetings and supporting engineering design reviews.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for the following activities, including supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Provide technical support to Engineering studies such as design reviews, HAZOP, SIL, and Constructability reviews.
- Review and develop equipment data sheets, specifications and enquiry requisitions.
- Evaluate supplier quotations in preparation for purchase order.
- Review of documentation and specification requirements for integration within project.
- Prepare and manage project documentation effectively.
- Proactively support requirements of other engineering discipline teams to enable concurrent design activities.
- Raise value engineering and cost saving initiatives.
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Expected:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline, while chartered status is also preferable
- Experience should cover a wide range of Packaged and Rotating Equipment
- Previous experience in carrying out a Lead Engineer role within a project environment is preferred
- Flexible attitude, with good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working for an EPC contractor, operator or consultancy
- Industry experience in metals, refining, refinery, petrochemical, pharmaceutical or oil & gas projects
- Extensive knowledge of international design codes for Packaged, Rotating e.g. BS, EN, ISO, ANSI, ASME, API
- Computer literate with common software packages including Microsoft Office
- Experience chairing Supplier design review and co-ordination meetings
- Experience in supporting engineering design reviews
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.