Where you fit in?
The size and complexity of Shell Trading & Supply (T&S) has increased substantially over the past few years and the expectations around risk management from a regulatory perspective have also shifted for Energy trading, for example, with the FCA's Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) applying in the UK from December 2019. As a result and recognising the potential to unlock additional value from enhanced risk management of our trading activities, a strategic decision has been made to make a major, multi-year investment to strengthen the risk management capabilities of the organisation from a people, process, data and systems perspective in both the first and second lines of defence. A new Chief Risk Officer (CRO) was brought into the organisation in 2020 to lead the efforts for the second line of defence.
The new Credit Data & Analytics (CDA) team will focus on the delivery of regular and ad hoc credit risk reporting and portfolio analytics to the commercial teams, the risk management teams and various other stakeholders such as the T&S Leadership Team (TSLT), Executive Committee (EC) and the production of risk information which will flow into external financial reporting.
The Senior Credit Reporting Analyst role relates to T&S. Primary stakeholders are commercial teams, risk managers located in T&S hubs in London, Houston, Rotterdam, Dubai, and Singapore, with global activities. The role is focused primarily on providing support for credit reporting and analytics activities in the Asia and Europe regions. What's the role?
Successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
What we need from you?
- Support the development and operations of global credit risk reporting activities within T&S, including working with IT and other organisations to resolve issues where they arise.
- Develop and conduct credit risk analytics on both a pre- and post-deal basis; including portfolio analytics, expected credit loss (ECL), credit value adjustment (CVA), credit reserves and cost of credit analysis.
- Combine business understanding with logical data modelling and process design skills to integrate new and enhanced T&S businesses and activities into CRA's global operations.
- Ensure reporting and analytical tools have clear and appropriate documentation.
- Develop and enhance appropriate data visualisations to support the use of credit reporting and analytics - e.g., Spotfire, Power BI and/or Qlik Sense
- Understand the key ETRMs of T&S, with in-depth knowledge of how systems in their region interact with Risk systems and tools.
- Train users on how to conduct analysis in CRA developed and supported tools and reports.
- Provide support and direction to CRA colleagues, including the SBO team based in Chennai and Manila.
- Collaborate with and support Commercial / Credit / Market Risk / Valuation teams with production reporting, transformation projects and other ad-hoc requests.
While a strong knowledge of credit risk fundamentals is required, we are also keen to hear from candidates with the following qualities touched by their work experience:
About Shell Singapore
- Experience with advanced Excel, SQL, Python, Alteryx and/or database knowledge desirable
- Experience in data visualisation - Power BI, Spotfire, QlikSense or other desirable.
- Finance or Mathematics Degree preferred
- CFA or GARP certificates preferred
- Prior risk experience within commodity markets, such as LNG, Oil, Gas, Power and/or Carbon preferred.
- Exposure to the types of conceptual, quantitative and data challenges faced in a complex trading environment with multiple ETRM's, and sources of data is important.
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical, organized, and able to plan to meet deadlines.
- Resilient when working under pressure, with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter, highly motivated, outcome driven.
- Good judgement to provide advice, question discrepancies, escalate issues.
- Learner mindset: innovative and creative, excellent problem-solving capabilities including the ability to analyse, model and interpret data.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills to communicate with various different stakeholders across Risk, IT and Commercial, all with varying needs.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.