What's the role?
The primary accountabilities of the Deal Management Specialist are:
- Support in-flight projects to standardise processes and platforms across EMEA trading & Business Devlopment
- Be able to contribute to enable high quality, shared understanding of market opportunities, trends, and value potential
- Streamline and enhance the product array and functionality of the Power desk, incorporate effective controls, particularly for new deals/projects done by the team
- Drive LoaD performance improvements across the Power Business, including the interface into the Renewable Energy Solution businesses. Represent Power interests in process, system, tools, or control initiatives done by SE-EA or the wider Shell group
- Champion Operational Excellence, and along with IT and the Functions, alleviate current pain points and look to make the LoaD more efficient, including the use of digital solutions
- Represent Power for functional relationships to help in delivering the portfolio of projects across SE-EA
- Prompt consistent usage of deal funnel tools (e.g. Salesforce) to enable high quality, shared understanding of opportunity characteristics and value potential. Monitor model performance and use data / KPIs to enhance
- Streamline and enhance the customer onboarding and management process, including management of the SE-EA BIAM network and engagement with the central KYC team
- Streamline Monthly and Quarterly MI request fulfilment, inclusive drafting and realising signoff of submissions
Reporting to the Power Business Manager this new position will be focal in improving practice and operational excellence to enhance commercial activities within the SE-EA Power portfolio. This role will focus on optimising end-to-end trade capabilities, providing standardisation, consistency, and excellence to BAU operations.What we need from you
The successful candidate would have:
- Experience in commercial / operational roles, ideally in the Power market, with a strong track record of performance
- Knowledge of Market Risk / Finance processes an advantage
- Proactive approach and mindset to propose and drive improvement and changes.
- Thorough understanding of Operational risk, and LoaD.
- Experience and appreciation of purposeful collaboration
- Prioritisation skills
- Commitment to compliance is essential
- A "can do" attitude is a must
- With a perspective across the entire business and functional areas, as well as numerous stakeholder interfaces, this role is well placed to leverage a central position within the organisation to make connections and drive effective change
- Scalability & Robustness: drive step change in these facets of business performance
- Written and spoken language skills in following languages an advantage: Spanish, German, Dutch or Italian
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.