Where you fit in
The Disclosures and Securities Team is a subset of Shell's Legal Services Corporate and Ethics & Compliance team and comprises of team members in the UK, The Netherlands, and the US. The team covers a wide variety of work relating to Shell plc's businesses and legal obligations resulting from its listings on the London, Amsterdam, and New York stock exchanges.
The Disclosures and Securities Team works closely with the Deputy Company Secretary and his team of assistant company secretaries and company secretariat assistants and the Executive Committee Secretary which are all headed by the Shell plc Company Secretary.What's the role?
In this role you'll be based in London and will report to the Shell plc Company Secretary who in turn reports to the Netherlands based General Counsel Corporate / Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer. Beyond the Disclosures and Securities team, you'll be engaging with colleagues and stakeholders in Investor Relations, Corporate Relations, Group Reporting, Treasury and Remuneration, Benefits and HR Services and more to cultivate a real spirit of partnership.
This role is a great opportunity to act as a UK securities legal counsel within the Disclosures and Securities team in London providing advice regarding the Shell plc Group of companies and working as a credible and strategic business partner on a variety of complex and challenging English company and securities law matters and a full range of corporate, commercial, and corporate governance matters arising within Shell plc and its Group.
In this role you'll have a broad range of accountabilities including:
What we need from you
- Advising on the UK legal requirements in relation to the Shell plc Annual Report and Annual General Meeting.
- Advising on a range of non-mandatory publications disclosed annually by Shell plc.
- Providing advice on the market abuse regime, its application to Shell plc and on the company's securities dealing code.
- Advising on Shell's Disclosure Standard.
- Advising on various elements of the UK Listing Rules, Prospectus Regulation Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules.
- Proactively increasing awareness within the organisation of disclosure requirements and the market abuse regime via training engagements.
- Monitoring and advising on legislative, regulatory, and corporate governance developments and their potential and actual impact on Shell plc and its Group.
- Supporting the Group UK Securities Counsel and other team members in meeting any other advisory, reporting or compliance obligations of Shell plc and its Group, as required.
In this role you'll need to demonstrate the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- An English-law qualified solicitor with a proven track record at a leading law firm and ideally some in-house experience.
- Significant experience in securities, corporate, contract and commercial law. However, candidates with a different experience profile who meet the requirements of the role will be considered.
- Formidable academic record and excellent knowledge of securities, corporate, contract and commercial law together with a willingness to be involved in other areas of work outside of the immediate role.
- Experience of providing advice on a full range of corporate and commercial transactions; the UK Listing Rules, Prospectus Regulation Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules; and corporate governance matters.
- Excellent communication, negotiating, influencing and legal drafting skills.
- Ability to clearly explain legal risks and to offer sound legal and commercial solutions within acceptable legal and risk frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an ambitious, commercial approach and a commitment to excellence combined with the ability to translate commercial imperatives into practical solutions.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team to provide robust and comprehensive advice to stakeholders.
- Confident and credible with an aptitude for rapidly building and maintaining trust with a strong network of contacts within Legal and with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Display initiative, flexibility and personal integrity and a strong sense of accountability.
- Strong personal drive and the ability to maintain resilience when managing a varied workload often under pressure with minimum supervision in a complex, demanding, volatile and changing environment.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviours. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're seeking to close the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.