The purpose of Commercial Lead is to develop sourcing strategies and tactics based on a deep understanding of the current situation of the business, the business strategy and drivers, the local supplier market and global strategies. The commercial lead enables stakeholders in the Supply Chain to understand the intent of contracts, optimize the use of contracts, manage Contract(or)s for performance and remove waste. A Commercial Lead is expected to manage complex portfolio of Operational and Tactical contracts and to handle new demands assigned to Class of Business and category/categories according to Category Management Contracting & Procurement (CMCP) guidelines.ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Design and improve assigned supply chains with business partners, starting with inhouse/outsource choices and (re)designs, the contracting strategy and commercial tactics and post award contract management.
- Work closely with Category Managers and key stakeholders within various Shell Businesses and Functions to execute Category Management commercial work plans, assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions.
- Develop and implement pragmatic procurement strategies and tactics based on regularly updated cost models, business requirement and supplier industry analyses.
- Drive total cost reductions and value beyond 'the usual' (cash preservation/cost savings/process efficiency). Identify opportunities in the contract portfolio to create more value and/or to eliminate waste.
- Determine the right remuneration model (e.g. output-based contract) to encourage the right behaviors and expectations from suppliers to optimize alignment of supply chain and asset delivery.
- Deliver Operational Excellence in the development of contracting strategy to post award contract management. This includes management of cycle times in accordance with business needs and ensuring CP operations organization and CP Operations managed processes are easy to work with.
- Drive Continuous Improvement principles to create a performance culture. Drive and support the CP Compliance with processes and regulations. Implement standard processes, methodologies, tools, and enablers.
- Drive compliance to the CMCP, Code of Conduct, commercial assurance and group assurance processes.
- Drive and leverage digitalization of CP operations. Improve usage of digital tools and insights to deliver business value and efficiency. Be forefront in driving digitalization and right first-time data ownership.
• Min 7 years of professional CP experience - Contract Strategy building and Post-Award process,
• Practical knowledge of Category Management process - documented by participation in regional/global projects,
• Great Deal Making skills - proven by strong CI delivery,
• Commercial savvy, business acumen, ability to work on numerous fronts across several initiatives,
• High-energy individual with entrepreneurial mindset, good people skills and the ability to deliver,
• Strong Business Partnering skills,
• Strong leadership and self-confidence in order to engage senior stakeholders,
• University degree or equivalent required,
• Professional CP qualification preferred, CIPS Certification (or similar) is an added advantage,
• Proficiency in English.
• Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance
- Global Role
- Support for Applications/ Category
- Cooperation with Global Applications/ Team
- Deep understanding of IT business, its risks, mitigation and business objectives
- Manage a demanding, commercial scope of IT categories, approx. $100m contract spend and portfolio of approx. 50 contracts including share of tactical contracts.