Where you fit in Shell Energy Malaysia (SEMY)
was established in 2020 to become Shell's downstream gas marketing and trading business in the recently liberalized Peninsular Malaysia gas market.
As a holder of all relevant licenses from the gas market regulator (Energy Commission), SEMY is one of the few private companies authorized to import gas and deliver it to customers in Malaysia. In October 2019, SEMY became the first company to successfully import and deliver gas to an end consumer under the TPA framework.
Since then, SEMY has continuously grown its position in the Peninsular MY gas market, with meaningful NIBIAT contributions to the group. SEMY seeks to significantly grow this business over time as the market continues to mature and evolve.
SEMY has the ambition to become the preferred partner in Malaysia that provides cleaner energy across a global portfolio of LNG, Gas, Power, Environmental Products, and Renewables Solutions to meet our partners' CURRENT
Expect lots of support and encouragement while you're here. You'll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them. We value career growth. You'll have limitless opportunities to explore - whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking in a different direction.What's the role?
As a Business Development Manager, you will provide analytical insight, commercial advice, project management support, and commercial operations support to the ongoing business and new opportunities being pursued by Shell Energy Malaysia team.
What do we need from you?
- Support business development & dealmaking activities contract/accountant management, reporting, analysis, and project management
- Support the development of a Deal Approval Form (DAF) or any sort of organizational approval required for proposed opportunities in Malaysia.
- Monitoring and gathering of intel for signposts of increased liberalization and attractiveness for gas and power play in Malaysia. Additionally, work with Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Relations to align Shell's messaging on the relevant areas of the Energy Transition
- Collating, analyzing, and interpreting information from external sources and internal stakeholders in support of business development activities.
- Perform marketing-related activities, ad-hoc market research, and engagements with prospective customers.
- Support internal activities related to risk assurances according to Shell T&S Governance framework.
- Excellent analytical and financial skills, business acumen, and demonstrated achievement.
- Experience with trading and risk management tools and techniques will be an advantage.
- Excellent written, and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven communication skills with third parties, and good interpersonal skills with all levels in the organization and across cultures
- Proven ability to work successfully in complex business dealings with good attention to detail.
- Commerciality is a key factor for success in this role, preferably in BD, marketing, or trading.
- Candidates with a strong quantitative background and an understanding of Trading will be prime candidates for shortlisting.
- With at least 3 years minimum experience.
- Experience and knowledge in the gas, commercial, infrastructure, and power market would be an added advantage.
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia's progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia's future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
O Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World's first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
O Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell's strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
O We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
O We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
O We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identityA Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.