What's the role?
As HR Advisor for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan:
- Support line managers on simple to medium complexity HR matters (e.g. policy related queries)
- Provide end-to-end HR Advice to Line Manager. Liaise with HR experts to get input on complex cases
- Provide coaching and feedback to line managers on leadership behaviors
More specifically, your accountabilities include the following:
What we need from you
- Responsible for delivering HR advice to employees and line managers; supporting managers with HR-related cases.
- Provide seamless end-to-end resolution of HR queries to line managers and employees. Queries may include, but not limited to: Exit/ Redundancy management; Policy guidance; Absence management; Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice
- Support Line Managers with Organizational Management, related to organizational changes and resourcing.- Support Line Managers with local and global policy queries.- Apply policies to specific business situations, including determining exceptions.
- Support with the execution of global/local change initiatives.
- Upon request, provide insight to line managers through analysis of data from Workday and other HR Systems.
- Responsible for delivering great employee experience through pro-actively addressing employee and line manager needs.
- Provide coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping to line managers to deal with HR related matters in a correct and compliant way.
- Supports the execution and timely delivery of critical business change initiatives. This includes, but not limited to: regional-specific organization redesign implementation; business/function ramp-up or demobilization events, requiring cross
- HR co-ordination e.g. Talent, Integrated Resourcing and International Mobility.
- Manage the hiring/ renewal/ termination of 3rd party agency staff.
- Support the policy manager for managing benefits admin activities.
- Assist for settling HR operations related invoices and payments.
We are keen to speak to professionals with the following:
- Diagnostic and investigation skills. Advocacy and inquiry - able to ask quality questions. Problem solving skills. Ability to coach and offer advice/alternatives, as opposed to just providing answers. Skills in having effective contracting conversations with the ability to manage expectations. Business partnering skills. HR Information and Analysis skills.
- Curiosity, employee Centric and Service Excellence mindset. Ownership - end to end accountability for resolution. Assertiveness and courage to challenge.
More about ShellAn innovative place to work
- Good understanding of Hong Kong/Taiwan/Macau employment ordinance esp. pension/social security management. In depth knowledge of Remuneration and Benefits.
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.