Where you fit in
Shell Trading integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio in crude oil, refined products, natural gas, power, and chemicals and has larger locations in London, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Dubai, Rotterdam, and Barbados. Shell Trading is one of the world's largest energy traders and is a key segment of the Royal Dutch/Shell portfolio. Shell Energy Europe and Africa (SE-EA) sells and actively trades energy related products and services associated with European natural gas, power, and environmental products. SE-EA was created in 2009 through the combination of Shell's marketing and trading companies in Europe. SE-EA is part of Shell Energy which is the commercial heart of the Integrated Gas Business and aligns all Energy Trading activity throughout the world.
SE Operations Innovation and Markets team brings a significant competitive advantage to Shell, charged with driving innovation and enabling efficiency and effectiveness of Commercial and Wholesale Operations teams in the pursuit of commercial growth and optimal cost to serve.What's the role?
In this role, you will apply your expertise to:
What we need from you
- Lead a team of Power improvement specialists accountable for the Power and Renewable Certificate Operations Improvement Roadmap, provide excellent visibility on progress against plan, lead the prioritization of improvements, estimate and track benefits, set governance, escalate risks early and champion achievements to assure recognition.
- Listen to and understand the needs of stakeholders, be the go-to subject matter expert to initiate dialogue on new Power or Renewable Certificate opportunities and for escalation of complex and / or stubborn operational issues for investigation and resolution.
- Champion technology to eliminate manual effort through automation and drive enhancements to existing IT solutions. Partner with IT and Business teams to select and implement digital solutions to enable growth. Capture and share learnings.
- Participate in a "once in a lifetime transformation" by driving Commercial Operations efforts to transition Power and Renewable Operations processes from existing technology stack to Endur plus new connected applications.
- Leadership of a high-performance team fostering business relationships with stakeholders, customers and IT vendors, proactive promotion of achievements
- Deep knowledge of European power operations, networks and regulatory frameworks
- Passion for digitalization - identifying and driving automation and improvement opportunities. Simultaneously managing a range of business and IT projects and improvements
- Application of previous project delivery and working knowledge of Endur. Ability to steer the development of new processes, facilitating contributions from Operators, Commercial Deal Makers and supporting Functions in a "once in a life-time" transformation of technology and business process
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don't feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.Company Description
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.