What's the role -
Shell's Powering Progress strategy includes developing renewable energy generation to unlock value and anchor integrated energy basins.
Mayflower Wind is a flagship project in renewable generation and as one of the first offshore wind projects to be developed in the US.
Mayflower Offshore Wind is a 50:50 partnership between Shell New Energies US LLC and Ocean Winds. The joint-venture (JV) company was formed to co-develop a lease area on the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf. The lease area (OCS-A-0521) is located south of Cape Cod, Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard.
Scope of Job:
The Cables Package Manager is responsible for delivery of either the InterArray Cable package or the Export Cable package for the Mayflower Wind SouthCoast Project. The Package Manager will manage the time, budget, scope, quality, risk, interfaces, safety and resources within the package. The Cables package scope will be >$50MM and the package is a key interface that puts it on critical path at various times for the overall Mayflower Wind SouthCoast Project (Mega project sized).
During the delivery phase, the Package Manager will be responsible for the design, procurement, and delivery of fully commissioned and documented Cable package for the Project. He/she will oversee the design, manufacturing and implementation. There is currently a package manager overseeing both the export cables and inter array cables. Based on suitability of candidates, this successful candidate will take over one of the packages and the current package manager will shift to manage the other.
- Direct and manage work coordination within the package team members on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that change request and interfaces coordination with other packages are handled properly.
- Hand-over package to customer and close-down of all package activities.
- Responsible for the cable package design
- Lead the design team and ensure that the design is carried out in compliance with the company best practice, cross portfolio strategy, good industry practices, applicable codes and standards.
- Responsible for the execution of the feed design of the cable package.
- Responsible for the design interfaces.
- Develop the design basis to ensure certification of the cable package.
Skills & Requirements
- Scope Management: Collect requirements, define scope and define work-breakdown-structure for the package.
- Human Resource Management: Ensure that the individual project members possess the competences and experience to perform their job effectively and supply relevant training if required. Ensure that the members of the package groups are given the necessary basic knowledge (area of responsibility, hourly budget, quality requirements, time schedule, etc.) and have the necessary tools, procedures and project material from similar projects available that enables them to do their work. Responsible for good team cooperation and a high spirit.
- Time Management: Manage overall package time schedule, including key milestones. Detailed planning of activities and develop schedule. Continuously ensure that package is progressing in accordance with schedule.
- Cost Management: Document CAPEX and OPEX budget for package. Continuously control of package budget.
- Risk Management: Help ensure HAZID/HAZOP and risk assessments are carried out to identify risk and mitigation actions are plan accordingly.
- Procurement: Support preparation & evaluate of RFIs, tenders, contract negotiations/signing, etc., in cooperation with the Procurement Team.
- HSSE: Work with HSE Manager, Site Managers, employees and contractors to perform work within safety management plan, proactively contribute to updating the safety management plan as required.
- Quality management: Works with the Quality Manager to develop quality management plan for package. Ensure that both team members and contractors comply with the QM-plan and ensure that specifications are met both on products and processes. Collect lessons learnt and ensure implementation of department best practices and company standards. Review of key-deliveries from package groups. Ensure that expert knowledge and peer reviews are used to the extent necessary. Ensure compliance with internal quality standards for project execution.
What we need from you -
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- Recommended 5 years of relevant work experience within wind and/or other high voltage, transmission electrical cables or transmission sectors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Electrical Engineer, Power Engineering, Master's Degree or other advanced degree desired.
- Project Practitioner or PMP Certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required.
- Knowledge of the interconnection process and a desire to continue to learn as tariffs and RTOs change procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project application, Visio, MS Access, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Extensive experience with budgets/scheduling, risk evaluation is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple primes and subcontractor RFPs and relationships simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise.
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication skills required.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context.
- High energy, self-motivated, client focused individual.
- Good analytical skills.
- Creative and innovative.
Ability to travel every month to contractor or parent offices for 3-5 days at a time and to various manufacturing, construction, and operating electrical generation and transmission sites on a regular basis.
75% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 25% of time is spent outside of the office visiting subsuppliers and project stakeholders. At least monthly travel to project site(s) is required.Company description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.