What is the role
Atlantic Shores Offshore Wind, LLC (Atlantic Shores), a 50:50 partnership between Shell New Energies US and EDF Renewables. Atlantic Shores is comprised of purpose-driven professionals dedicated to delivering its 5+ gigawatt offshore wind portfolio, strategically positioned to meet the growing demands of multiple east coast markets including New York and New Jersey.
Atlantic Shores has three offshore wind energy lease areas totaling more than 262,000 acres under active development and is the largest offshore wind project in the State of New Jersey and the third largest project awarded in the United States. Construction will begin in 2024 and first power is expected in 2027. Project 1 will generate enough clean energy to power more than 700,000 homes and bring $848 million in guaranteed local economic benefits to the state.
More information on Atlantic Shores, please visit our website at atlanticshoreswind.com.
The Associate Project Developer is responsible for supporting the advancement of the Atlantic Shores Offshore Wind project portfolio through the development phase and assisting in the hand-off of projects to the Implementation Team prior to start of construction. The Associate Project Developer may also provide as needed support to the Project Execution Team during project construction and support operation & maintenance (O&M) activities such as compliance monitoring and reporting. The Associate Project Developer works directly with project developers, directors, subject matter experts, specialists, and external consultants to advance and prepare projects for construction as well as O&M.
- Work collaboratively across all Atlantic Shores functional groups and with outside contractors to contribute in key aspects of project development from site conceptualization through the advanced development stage, including but not limited to land acquisition, local approvals, pre-construction permitting, site assessment, and regulatory compliance.
- Support the team in securing approvals for construction of our O&M facility
- Assist in request for proposals ( RFPs) bid responses, development of marketing materials, and aide in the support of negotiation efforts for project or power sales.
- Interface with internal Project Services team to coordinate project schedules and assess project risks.
- Support management of workstream budgets, costing and vendor invoicing."
- Support the analysis of project risks and recommendations for course(s) of action.
- Participate in internal and external project/stakeholder meetings, as required.
- Generate status reports and briefings for all levels of management.
- Assist in arranging pre-construction activities such as site assessments, preliminary geotechnical engineering and surveying.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 year's professional experience. Entry level position for Project Development
- Experience working in New Jersey or in New York City is preferred
- General knowledge and experience in construction or renewable energy project development preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated, friendly personality, and good team player
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication, presentation skills required
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context and a fast-paced JV environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of organizational skills
Ability to travel every month to an Atlantic Shores or parent office for 3-5 days at a time.
70% of the time is spent in the office environment utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project), phones, and general office equipment. 30% of the time is spent in the field, supporting project development and/or supporting pursuit of new business opportunities.
Atlantic Shores commits to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the renewable energy sector by cultivating an environment deeply rooted in respect and inclusivity.
By embracing individual uniqueness and differences in perspective we aim to create a safe space for all employees regardless of race, sex, age, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with COVID-related travel restrictions.
The salary range for this position is $101,000.00 - $151,000.00. Company description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.