What's the role?
Shell Energy - Europe Gas & Power and Environmental Products (SE-EE) markets and trades natural gas and power across Europe and manages Shell's environmental products business globally. SE-EE's counterparties include major resource holders of gas, upstream producers, investment banks, trading houses, utilities, power generators and large industrial and commercial gas and power users.
The SE-EE Contracts team supports the SE-EE trading business and is responsible for managing the entire trading contracts process from drafting and negotiating agreements through to timely con?rmation and reporting of individual trades.
The primary purpose of the Commercial Advisor position is to draft and/or review agreements required to enable SE-EE's deal opportunities, negotiate these agreements directly with counterparties and manage internal approvals as necessary for document execution.
What we need from you?
- Provide accurate pre and post deal commercial and contractual advice to the SE-EE trading business, including for new Customer Values Propositions, Deal Approval Forms and other strategic opportunities. This will require a thorough understanding of SE-EE's commercial business needs and control frameworks as well as the value of the company's reputation and customer satisfaction.
- Take ownership and accountability for the negotiation of both standardised and complex agreements, working closely with the Legal, Credit, Tax and Finance functions, as well as Trading, Operations and Business Development, to secure terms that maximise value, mitigate contractual exposures and minimise pro?t leakage.
- Work with cross-functional teams looking to make process improvements that increase e?ciency and minimise risks across SE-EE. Manage the implementation of new processes within the Contracts team.
- Support the SE-EE trading business and Contracts team through advice and, where required, intervention to ensure compliance with the Shell Control Framework including SOX controls, Contractual Allocation of Risk Manual (CARM) and Manual of Authorities (MOA).
- Act as a gatekeeper for setting up contracts in trade capture systems.
- Maintain accurate records of agreements in negotiation and ensure executed agreements are stored in accordance with Group Records Management Policy.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to analyze commercial and contractual structures and communicate clear recommendations on risks and opportunities, using sound commercial judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple con?icting priorities to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Ability to identify risks and ine?ciencies in existing processes, solve problems and implement improvements.
- Technical knowledge in European Gas, Power and Environmental Products contracts (product-based Master Agreements, Bespoke Contracts, Storage Agreements, Netting Agreements, Credit Support Documentation etc.)
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to apply di?erent techniques depending on the situation.
- Knowledge of energy market fundamentals, risk management and regulations.
- Ability to collaborate within team and as part of the wider organization, openly sharing views and perspectives and encouraging others to share opinions.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they do not feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.Company Description
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.