Purpose & Accountabilities
Shell's global Trading and Supply business is one of the largest energy trading operations in the world with key desks in Asia, trading in crude oil, natural gas, LNG, electrical power, etc. Our business in Asia has set huge growth targets for the coming years with major focus on green and sustainable energy.
To accelerate our ambitious delivery goals and energy transition targets in Japan, our Japan energy marketing and trading desk team (Shell Energy Japan or SEJ) is looking for an Information, Digital and Technology (IDT) advisor.
If you are:
- Seeking an opportunity to use your knowledge of the digital technology to drive an ambitious vision for growth and net zero
- Committed to being the best version of yourself and helping others to learn and generate new ideas that make life better for you, your colleagues, and our business
- Commercially minded, self-starter with the energy and commitment to drive opportunities from identification to realization
Read on to find out more!What is the role?
As an IDT Advisor, you will touch the whole spectrum of IT delivery - identifying and defining the business needs of the users and stakeholders, guiding solution design to meet those business needs in line with both, business and IT, developing strategic roadmaps, ensuring seamless fit between processes, training, and solutions, protecting and exploiting value realization of product and information management investments, all in close alignment with the natural team (i.e. group of team members from different parts of Shell working on a common project/product delivery).
Although you will report directly to the IT and Digital Manager for Asia based in Singapore, your main stakeholders are the Shell Japan energy marketing and trading desk team (SEJ), where you play a key role within the SEJ team to shape, manage and enable their IT requests, portfolio plans and strategy.Accountabilities
Your further accountabilities include the following:
What We Need From You
- Influencing, helping shape, and ensuring all delivery preserves or aligns to the portfolio / product roadmap and strategies.
- Developing and maintaining a strong domain expertise with deep process, data, and tools knowledge within the portfolio.
- Creating a collaborative and learner mindset environment to spread business/technical knowledge across natural teams.
- In association with the IT support organisation, ensuring the stability, integrity and performance of the operational environments and the realisation of identified improvement opportunities and requirements.
- Handing over knowledge to the IT support organization to enable supportability of operational environments
- Facilitating seamless integration with other product/application delivery teams to enable end to end delivery of services to the Business.
- Initiating and driving the execution of small enhancement activities.
- Building trusted partnerships across multiple stakeholders such as Business Interface Managers, business partners, suppliers, project/product team members, and the IT support organization.
- Providing consultancy and occasionally leading initiatives to support operations in cyber security, incident/problem management, change management and other run and maintain activities.
- Partnering with Data and Solution Architects to ensure correct translation of specifications/design into high level design and technical specifications.
- Ensuring compliance of design with the principles of simplification and standardization.
- Supporting the development of Training Material.
- In some cases, play a lead role to manage delivery of enhancements and small projects.
- You will also be expected to focus on a specific product or project where you will play both a key delivery and strategic role. You'll thrive as the expert and go-to person in the area for many of the design, strategy and other ongoing activities and initiatives alluded to in the accountabilities list above.
We're keen to hear from individuals who have extensive experience within the IT domain, who aspire to embed themselves in our team, grow into an advisor as outlined above and contribute to the growth of Shell's journey towards net zero.
Suitable candidates will come with deep experience working as an IT advisor, preferably in the energy or trading industry, with knowledge of end-to-end technology capability of the integrated value chain. Further requirements are as follows:
- 5+ years of total experience in IT with at least 2+ years in close partnership with development teams and businesses.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Committed to learning and staying abreast to internal and external trends and best practices.
- Capacity to cultivate and continuously expand expertise in a domain.
- Able to act as a focal point for a specialised area (technical or business), able to lead teams without formal authority, while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, being comfortable interacting with and able to communicate clearly with senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and ambiguity effectively.
- Team player. Able to work effectively with all levels and parts of business and IT organisation.
- Ability to work effectively in virtual, geographically dispersed, cross-cultural environments.
- Fluency in English and native fluency in Japanese (written and spoken)
Shell Energy Asia IDT team is embedded in the Shell Energy Asia business teams (including Shell Energy Japan), collaborates with global/regional IT natural teams and preferred vendors to deliver all IT needs for the business. We operate in a dynamic environment; our team is agile, ambitious and highly collaborative. Skills & Requirements
Business Partnering - Knowledge
Product Management - Knowledge
Communication Effectiveness - Skill
Consultancy - Skill
Facilitation skills - Knowledge
Presentation skills - Skill
Human Centred Design - Knowledge
Business Analysis - Skill
Business Change Management - Knowledge
Agile - Knowledge
Data & Analytics - Knowledge
Information Management (IM) - Knowledge
Information Risk Management (IRM) - Knowledge
Market Standard Services - Knowledge