Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programmes, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone, in socially and environmentally responsible ways. Shell is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. Shell aims to establish a new IT hub in Bangalore, and scale it up over a five-year period.Where you fit in
The High Performance Computing (HPC) Services group in Shell provides HPC infrastructure services globally to Shell, with staff based in Houston (USA), the Hague (Netherlands), Malaysia (MY), and Bangalore (IN). The HPC & TI team brings business value with innovative, agile, reliable and secure operational HPC and Technical Infrastructure services.What's the role
An IT Ops Engineer in HPC Engineering focuses on administrating the hardware and systems software used for High Performance Computing. This includes keeping existing hardware and middleware ecosystem running reliably and securely either, directly or by working with other teams, testing, and installing new hardware and system software, decommissioning old hardware and software. In this role, you will work with colleagues and users across Shell globally.
Aside from above, you are expected for the following:
What we need from you
- Administration of High-Performance computing software and middleware ecosystem
- Compliance with information risk management policies
- Compliance with change control policies and procedures in a distributed computing environment
- Monitoring and tuning of HPC environments focusing on HPC Scheduling, Queueing configurations, Workflow optimization etc.
- Producing and maintaining technical documentation for all the HPC components including portals, Dashboards
- Responsible for HPC service health, SLA metrics monitored through ServiceNow
- Sharing and maintaining knowledge with other staff to ensure business continuity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Have 5-9 years of experience in IT with relevant experience in High Performance Computing industry; At least 4 years of experience in a large Linux HPC environment with hands-on expertise in supporting the HPC middleware environment for scientific research.
- Significant HPC middleware experience and knowledge of HPC systems, network, and storage
- Strong technical skills in the following HPC areas: Programming and scripting skills: shell scripting, Perl, Python, SQL etc.
- Administration and configuration of High-Performance Computing schedulers like SLURM, IBM LSF etc; Coding and automation of middleware tasks in a globally spread HPC ecosystem
- Addressing customer requirements related to simulation processes, workflow, and accounting in HPC with good understanding of the cost and chargeback model
- Information Risk Management compliance checking in a Linux environment
- Configuration and Maintenance of HPC portals, Monitoring Dashboards, HPC Accounting etc.; Ability to understand and deploy monitoring for the HPC components
- Good relationship skills; work well with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Experience in contributing to Agile based projects and activities