Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell's Asset Management System (AMS) and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
The role of Associate Engineer - Integrated Activity Planning and Scheduling (IAPS) is Scheduling Maintenance activities, managing work overdues and backlogs, manage schedule changes, monitor the work progress, and update the schedule, measure the compliance and report. Purpose & Accountabilities
- Develop comprehensive Plant Maintenance Schedules in Primavera P6 with look ahead and catch-up schedules (as applicable) with optimization and allocation of the resources (man, materials & machines/tools).
- Assure the Equipment Maintenance Activities are planned, scheduled, and executed within Latest Allowable Finish dates, Mange Maintenance overdues and backlogs with approved mitigation measures.
- Integration of different schedules (vendor schedule, mobilization schedule, material availability schedules) to make a master schedule and periodic update of the same in Primavera P6.
- Assign Schedule baselines, update the activity progress, prepare, and analyze the KPIs.
- Enable the assigned operating units, and its on-site employees in producing and compiling high value maintenance information and data, as measured by improvement trends in data quality.
- Maintenance, assurance, technical support and standardization of technical data and documents of the operating units. Includes site engagement & leadership on technical & tools forums.
- Analyze technical data and documents and processes by working with engineering, maintenance, operations, and project teams & partners of respective OUs.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment and instruments and thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
Skills & Requirements
- No Annual budgets which you directly control but can have influence over department and production area budgets.
- No direct staff, but the candidate is expected to coach/mentor less experienced staff
- University Degree in Mechanical/ Industrial/ Production/ Electrical/ Instrumentation Engineering.
- Minimum 2+ years of overall working experience in Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemicals Industry
- Experience in Scheduling day to day Preventive maintenance, Corrective / Predictive Maintenance/Major and Minor Plant Turnarounds/Shutdowns/
- Resource allocation and leveling, Baselining, Progress updates, Reporting, Manpower planning and allocation. Understanding the safety requirement and Risk Assessment.
- Having at least 1 year of field experience in Maintenance, troubleshooting knowledge of static and rotating industrial equipment.
- Experience in Technical Data and Documents management including processes and tools.
- Knowledge of Scheduling Tool - Primavera P6, and CMMS Tool - SAP (PM module) or MAXIMO is mandatory.
- Skill in MS Office tools (like Word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.