Where you fit in
Finance Lead and/or Finance Support of commercial deals, responsible for delivery of full suite of Finance responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
What we need from you?
- Providing business critical finance challenge and support from an early stage
- Ensuring finance sign-off on proposed commercial opportunities
- Operationalizing and/or maintaining oversight across the life of a commercial deal
- Interfacing external banks and local regulatory representatives
- Regular interaction with senior stakeholders on the Decision Review Committees
- Arrange and organize the required internal governance organizational support and corporate approvals to support business requirements
- Provide finance expertise and advice to New Business Development, structured finance transactions or New Market Entry projects
- Review the results of project economics to ensure consistency in assumptions used, standardization of methodology, reasonableness of the results, etc. Provide financial input into project economics
- Oversee and understand impact of deal to Shell Financial Framework (P&L, Balance Sheet and cash forecasting)
- Provide controllership, governance and finance support to regional trading offices and business joint ventures, to ensure business remains in control during significant growth and change
- Liaise with other Finance functional areas, including Tax, Treasury, Controllers, Credit, Risk and Shared support services teams, who may be based in various Shell locations
- Integrated performance management - ensuring commercial delivery of long dated transactions is controlled and sustainable, ensuring there is transparency around deal performance and risks
- Advocate enterprise mindset and display leadership in establishing an integrated business model, governance and embedding ways of working across Shell Energy Europe (SE-EE).
We are keen to hear from qualified accountants with strong post-qualification experience and ideally experience in Trading and/or Utilities. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many of the following on your CV:
About Shell UK
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS standards i.e. IFRS 9
- Broad knowledge across all aspects of finance (treasury, tax, reporting & accounting, credit, internal controls and processes, valuation)
- Demonstrate knowledge of various financial instruments
- Experience in a (commodity) trading environment
- Knowledge of power/gas markets and asset offtake arrangements is advantageous
- Knowledge of renewable power and gas technologies is advantageous
- Financial modelling experience is advantageous
- Eagerness to learn and build - "learner mindset"
- Proactive and autonomous approach
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, working across cultures
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.