Where you fit in
SE-EA is part of the Shell Trading & Supply organization with a focus on European gas and power markets. As such, SE-EA trades natural gas, power, green power certificates, voluntary/compliance driven environmental products with counterparties including major resource holders of gas, upstream producers, investment banks, trading houses, utilities, power generators, large as well as up-and coming retail gas and power marketing companies, regional and local gas and power distribution companies, gas storage operators, and large industrial and commercial gas and power users.
The successful applicant will sit on the UK Power Trading Desk, focusing on pricing and managing short and long term renewable PPAs in the UK market across multiple technology types and pricing structures.
The UK Power Trading team itself, part of Shell Energy Europe & Africa's (SE-EA) European Power Trading team, is responsible for the proprietary trading, and the management of a growing portfolio comprising customer demand, renewable, batteries and thermal generation. The team manages exposures down the curve through to delivery.What's the role?
What we need from you
- Owning the pricing of a growing pipeline of long and short term UK market PPAs, as part of the UK power trading desk
- Driving the assessment and ongoing review of long and short term technology specific PPA risk premia, working closely with fundamental analytics, deal structuring and origination
- Designing dynamic short term and curve hedging strategies to be implemented by the desk to manage associated PPA exposures
- Contributing to the optimization of the renewable generation forecasting process for the existing PPA portfolio, and exploring how learnings can be applied to new deal pricing
- Observe and strictly comply with all regulatory guidelines.
You are likely to be a strong contender if you can demonstrate the following:
- A deep understanding of the fundamental drivers of long term PPA risks and how these translate into PPA pricing
- Experience of pricing renewable PPAs
- Knowledge of a wide variety of PPA commercial pricing structures
- Experience of designing or implementing renewable PPA hedging strategies
- An understanding of UK power market fundamentals (short and long term) and PPA market dynamics
- An understanding of Python or other coding languages may be an advantage
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.