Where you fit in
This role is for a Structurer at Shell Energy Trading Europe & Africa (SE-EA) focusing on real options structures and valuations in remit of SE-EA.
The Deal Structuring team within SE-EA is a commercial function within Front Office accountable for the valuation and risk assessment of new complex contracts that takes ownership of the valuation and deal management methodology.
The main activity of the Deal Structuring team is close collaboration with Originators and Trading desks to develop deal opportunities that add value and to support growth of the portfolio within the Energy product space in Power & Gas in Europe and for Environmental Products across the globe.
The Deal Structuring team operates from the Shell trading hub in London where the majority of the team members are located with some individual ones located in the Hague and Singapore. The main commercial stakeholders for the Deal Structuring team are the Power and Gas Businesses in Europe and the Environmental Product Trading Business (EPTB) that operates globally with desks in London, Singapore, San Diego and Shanghai. What's the role?
To support the growing activities of the business, the Deal Structuring team needs to expand and we are therefore looking for a individual who combines the quantitative and analytical skill set of a Deal Structurer or aspired to be one with a commercial mindset and the ability to manage a complex stakeholder environment across multiple locations. The candidate is expected to have the necessary experience and self-dependence to quickly build a strong relationship across the business.
The main responsibility of the role is to collaborate with the Business Developers and support the growth of the Shell's portfolio, while being accountable for the methodology of the valuation and risk assessment of complex transactions.
The role needs to:
- Represent the Deal Structuring team and build strong relationships across the business stakeholders and internal departments (eg. Risk, Finance, Credit)
- Collaborate with Originators and Traders to create innovative structured products in response to demand and changing market conditions
- Develop and own valuation methods and models for pricing and risk assessment of complex structured contracts pre and post deal execution. Identify value drivers and risks inherent in the transactions (e.g. market risk, project risk, credit risk, regulatory risk, financing risk).
- Maintain an outward mindset and ongoing commitment of Deal Structuring to the One-team approach
This role is a challenging position with excellent development opportunities across T&S and the wider Shell group. We require a creative individual with excellent analytical/numerical and interpersonal skills. Working under tight deadlines and conflicting pressures, the candidate will prove able to continue delivering to an excellent standard, with clear focus on the bottom line and priorities in hand. The successful candidate will show the will and the ability to contribute to this objective and to constantly improve personal and team performance.
We are interested in attracting people to our business who share our core working values of honesty, integrity, and respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability, and can achieve great results through teamwork and generating creative solutions to problems. What We Need From You
The role requires:
- Postgraduate or professional qualification in numerical subject (MSc, CQF or similar).
- Financial maths experience in a trading environment or though a degree project
- Good interpersonal skills, both with team colleagues and stakeholders, with a proven track record as a senior team member.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and presentation skills.
Beneficial skills / knowledge
- Previous exposure to Energy Markets (e.g. gas, power or environmental product markets)
- Programming skills e.g. VBA or Python.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.