We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual who is keen to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment where you will be constantly involved in crisis management/solution mode. Every second counts, time is money.What's the role?
What we need from you
- Operators are the key executors of the 'life of the deal', managing movements on bulk crude or product tankers from supply to delivery point in an operationally excellent and optimal manner, preventing profit leakage and looking for value add or optimization opportunities.
- Some Operator roles will be more involved with running voyage charter vessels, operating Shell-leased terminals and or possibly involved in some blending activities. In these instances, Operators are expected to defend the P&L and look out for opportunities to maximize margins through effective asset utilization, preventing unnecessary downtime/demurrage or improving blend margins.
- Ensure that all obligations arising from the contract and charter party are executed flawlessly, in compliance with governmental and industrial regulations as well as Shell's HSSE guidelines.
- Daily external interface with contractual counterparties, terminal operators, vessel owners/brokers and contracted vendors such as cargo surveyors or port agents.
- Daily internal interface with Cargo/Freight Traders, Shipping & Maritime, Manufacturing, Product Optimizers, Claims, Contracts, Demurrage, Legal and Trade Finance.
- Expected to manage supply and delivery schedules with internal and external counterparties. Operators will need to appreciate the challenges and constraints of the end-to-end supply chain, and operationalize a plan to meet those objectives, while remaining profitable and compliant.
- Timely and accurate ship/cargo and date range nominations to ensure supply integrity and successful implementation of commercial business/supply intent.
- Manage vessel operations, such as scheduling, routing, bunkering, stow planning & optimization, issuing voyage orders and monitoring fleet of vessels under your charge.
- Manage cargo operations, such as managing off-spec issues, cargo readiness, scheduling, blending (where applicable for more senior or specialized Operators roles), avoiding tank-top/stock-out situations and volume/date-range optimization.
- Support post-deal activities like settlements, customs clearance, demurrage and claims for example; ensuring that all necessary operational information is passed on in good time and documentary requirements are met.
- Appoint independent cargo surveyors, expeditors, ship-to-ship service providers and ships agents.
- Ensure that all operational data is updated into trading systems in timely and accurate manner, facilitating up-to-date and accurate information flow.
- Ensure that adequate records are filed to meet the company's legal and fiscal obligations.
- Ensure that any necessary financial security is in place prior to transfer of title to customers.
- Be available to manage critical out of regular office hour issues.
- The job may require after office hours or weekend attention from time to
- Attention to details, meticulousness and numeracy skills are a prerequisite.
- Display some evidence of commerciality and ability to maximize margins or adding-value to the bottom line. For example: ability to participate in or positively contribute to end-to-end supply strategy plans as well as ability to identify/resolve potential blockers to successful operational execution.
- Ability to contribute to successful implementation of an operations plan, identifying and managing supply/operational constraints independently.
- Display some understanding of and ability to articulate the demands and nature of the commercial business.
- Display evidence of effective teamwork, strong networking and influencing skills. Prospective candidates should be able to give evidence of effective stakeholder and relationship management.
- Evidence of being able to manage multiple and conflicting priorities to achieve business intent and objectives with minimal supervision. Ability to multi task under pressure and yet maintaining the level of details/accuracy.
- Evidence of ability to problem solve in uncertain circumstances or working with incomplete information.
- Evidence of ability to function well in a fast-paced dynamic environment where changes are the norm.
- Candidates are expected to be proactive self-starters, as well as demonstrable evidence of resilience in adversity, determination and drive to get things done.
- Demonstrate a passion for operations excellence and evidence of participating in optimization initiatives or activities.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.