Where you fit in
Our Projects and Technology (P&T) Information and Digital Technology (IDT) business exist to make the delivery of Shell's strategy and the growth of our company possible.
As technology progress accelerates, the integration between information, digital and other technologies is only increasing. The combined IT and digital capabilities in IDT, as part of P&T, are strengthening Shell's differentiating technical capability.
IDT provides end to end capability, from digital technology innovation through to projects and products of which we deliver new or change capability every year. This is underpinned by the delivery of reliable and secure IT.
IDT provides integrated support to the business and functions with clear and simple interfaces which ultimately delivers business value at speed. As the co-pilot to the business, IDT enables the delivery of Shell's Powering Progress strategy helping to create a streamlined, entrepreneurial, customer-focused organization and to achieve competitive and affordable costs.
As Digital has truly become part of how we do our work in Shell our commitment is to democratize digital through Shell "Do it Yourself". Imagine every employee solving business problems in their work by accessing and analyzing data, building dashboards and smart automation. We are investing in building digital skills at scale through Digital Skills@Shell.
IDT fosters a learning culture that encourages to improve on our analytical and development skills. We have dedicated upskilling and reskilling options to explore on the My Career in IDT portal help IDT professionals stay relevant and competitive.What's the role?
The Site IT Operations Lead (SOL) acts as the main business rep of the IT organization at a specific site or group of sites (London in United Kingdom) towards business organization and Infrastructure suppliers.
This role is accountable for maintaining close contacts with the user groups, business teams, including application portfolio teams, to identify structural Business IT issues and to receive their feedback on the delivery of infrastructure services. SOL is responsible of the site integrity and services acts as the business representative for problem, request and change management process. The IT Operations Manager activates the wider Global Functions Service Operations Management organization to address structural operational IT issues and/or handle upcoming business requirements.Accountabilities:
What we need from you
- Accountable for safe and successful execution of activities defined as HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) critical, identification and management of operational HSE risks and the development of an enhanced HSE culture, particularly by steering and influencing the suppliers and working with other stakeholders e.g. Facilities Management.
- Managing the relationship with the business, ensuring demand and new/changed requirements are identified and reported to the correct business facing SOM.
- Assuring services are delivered according to SLA, reporting deviations from agreed targets, collecting feedback from the users and reporting the user experience and escalating serious service incidents that threaten business continuity with the Integration Managers in SOM Service Integration department, assisting with incident and problem resolution.
- Acting as a focal point for IM&IT changes impacting the user community within their scope, assessing the impact of the change on the business environment, communicating the change with the business community and authorizing the implementation of change.
- Participating in the Request to Pay process, ensuring service requests are approved, service receipts are confirmed, and payments are authorized.
- The SOL requires advance skill in Troubleshooting. Networks and end user equipment
- Owning the local assets inventory, local spend and be the contract holder for local contracts required for service delivery.
- Shape consumer demand and uphold the demand policies.
- Ensuring security and compliance activities are executed in line with compliance requirements.
- Provide quarterly input on the supplier confidence survey, including backing information to justify the scores.
- Ensuring the onsite services delivery provide the contracted services and provide quarterly feedback on their performance.
- SOL is responsible for new Company acquisition onboarding process and transition to support for projects.
We are keen to hear from the candidates with the below skill set:
- Significant relevant experience with preferably bachelor's degree related to IT
- Must have ITIL and Network certifications.
- Strong technical background and good analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Extensive experience in IT project management.
- Evidence of strong relationship and influencing skills with people at all levels in the organization and in diverse cultures.
- Ability to work with other disciplines in a global environment, and to bridge technical, commercial and IM/IT skills.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients.
- Strong organizational skills and manage remote IT resources as well as coordinate regional resources and initiatives.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part. An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.