Shell Energy Europe & Environmental Products is seeking a Power Market Fundamental Analyst for Europe. This position is supporting traders with analysis developed from a deep understanding of the drivers such as generation (wind, solar, gas fired, coal fired, etc.) transmission, regulatory, and demand. This position must build credibility with internal customers so that such foresight can be translated into commercial gain primarily in the trading and investment business function. The emphasis is on developing both qualitatively and quantitatively advantaged capabilities, supported as appropriate by models, tools and techniques that yield high quality insight. Collaborating with peers in the Power Fundamentals team to build scalability in this respect is essential.
What we need from you:
- Deliver market view to support trading and investment decisions.
- Research and understand the fundamentals drivers related to supply/demand/transmission in the context of modelling focused on developing forward pricing views.
- Monitor market developments in market design/regulatory issues that could impact prices.
- Work closely with natural gas and emission analysts in market view development.
- Good knowledge in energy economics
- Strong knowledge of the European Energy Markets
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent IT skills incl. ability to model in main languages as Python and in the MS Windows environment (particularly Excel), Experience interfacing with databases (SQL)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or any related degrees required.
- Demonstrated understanding of power fundamentals.